Parts for Fuel Injectors

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
I am looking for a service "kit" suitable for FJR fuel injectors. The FSM says to replace the top o-rings when reassembling. I want to pull the injectors and check for crap in the inlet filters and thought it would be reasonable to reinstall with new filter baskets, o-rings and the bottom grommet seals. Yamaha wants an obscene amount for the the grommets and o-rings (~$60 for the set for four injectors) and they don't list the inlet filters at all - even though they are replaceable. Nothing magic about these and full kits (including filters) are available for $20 or so from eBay vendors BUT, nothing specific for the FJR injectors. Rubber (nitrile or Viton) o-rings and grommets should be pennies a piece. A bit more for the filters.

Other than buying from someone who does fuel injector service, has anyone found a source for these parts to fit the FJR injectors? I haven't checked whether some of the service places advertised on-line will sell service kits but I will likely give them a try. I can't seem to find any cross reference for the Yamaha part number for the injectors (5JW-13761-10-00). Nobody local to me where I could drop in and compare with whatever they have in stock or I would do that. I may elect to send off my spare set and have these professionally cleaned (for $25-$30 ea.) and flow tested (getting new o-rings and baskets during the process) but might still like to have a source for the consumable o-rings and other service parts.

I have spare injectors and I want to be able to swap them around as needed (or loan them to someone trying to chase a problem) and at least new o-rings are needed for this (according to FSM). Got a great deal on an eBay 2012 fuel rail with four injectors for under $70 - shipping included!

Thanks

That is a deal for injectors. From what I understand, there are only 2 or 3 standard body sizes for all injectors (went through this when I supercharged my truck a few years ago). Any standard injector filter or O-ring will fit, so long as you get the right standard. By looking at my injectors, I'm 90% sure that they are just EV-1 injectors.

I am thinking of doing the same, and have come across the same issue. Not cheap for the gasket and o ring at either end of injector and no sign of a basket listed. I may see if i can get an injector out as a sample and go door knocking. If you have an update on this situation it would be appreciated. Hopefully yours is sorted.

I am thinking of doing the same, and have come across the same issue. Not cheap for the gasket and o ring at either end of injector and no sign of a basket listed. I may see if i can get an injector out as a sample and go door knocking. If you have an update on this situation it would be appreciated. Hopefully yours is sorted.
I don't have a clearly identified problem that points to a fuel injector but I would still like to swap them out for cleaning and checking. Power is good but I am still chasing an uneven idle - more of an annoyance than a problem. The original owner of my bike had a clogged injector and I wanted to verify that everything is still OK after it was serviced. I might just swap out the whole fuel rail + injectors with the cheap eBay spare set I found and worry about getting the old ones serviced at a later time. At this point, nothing will be done until at least April - we are just about at the end of our riding season! Since the seals are supposed to be replaced when injectors are pulled for any reason, I am surprised that these are not more readily available - even more surprised that some enterprising FJR owner hasn't found a non-OEM source/specification and posted it!

Edit - all kinds of o-ring/grommet/basket kits on eBay for Yamaha outboards!

Edit again: I found a replacement injector on Amazon that is supposedly a replacement for the FJR (5JW-13761-10-00). They say it is a replacement for this injector but only specifically list Gen I FJR.

https://www.amazon.com/Peach-Marine-Parts-PM-63P-13761-01-00-Injector/dp/B01J6EQEOG

The listing also gives a large number of other applications for this injector, including Yamaha outboards. Might be able to cross-reference some of the other applications to eBay listings for injector "kits".

Last edited by a moderator:
13393908_10155055471963538_1950710460141321690_n.jpg

13321694_10155044546728538_4934139156919810441_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/don.carver.94/posts/10155044562853538

https://www.facebook.com/don.carver.94/posts/10155055476993538

Anything higher resolution? I am exchanging emails with a parts supplier. They didn't have a direct numerical reference and needed some photos that show the injector body as well as the o-ring and seal.

I just happen to have 8 or so freshly cleaned and balanced injectors. Are you looking for the number that's on the body of the injector?

edit

Let me step and fetch them, take some pics, upload to my blog.

Traded emails with Bill at

https://www.mrinjectorparts.com

The gave me a link to a "kit" that he says will work with the FJR injector (after I gave him the link to dcarver's most excellent pictures).

"Here is a link to a kit that will work for you. It is designed for the Yamaha 115 and 150 powerheads, all the parts are the same. The only difference is there will be an additional grommet in the package that is not used on your injectors. Bill"

https://www.mrinjectorparts.com/store/p112/Yamaha_115,_150_&_Mercury_Injector_Service__Kit.html

Not dirt cheap but considerably better than Yamaha. Yamaha doesn't even list the baskets or the bottom seals. It also provides a cross reference if you want to go looking - parts are far more readily available for outboard injectors than motorcycle injectors. I think gummed up fuel systems are far more prevalent in the boating world!

I appreciate all of the help and suggestions!

Good stuff!
punk.gif

It didn't show in the pics, but IIRC I saw Bosch stamped on the injector somewhere.

Let us know if the kit works.

I just had my injectors done. A hundred bucks. Cleaned, tested, new filters and ALL new O-rings. And a report.

at RC in Cali.