what's the best solution for highway pegs?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

El Guapo Loco

looked on ebay - didn't see anything great.

somebody has pics of their solution to the sore leg thing caused by immobility on the pegs?

after an hour or so it becomes irritating.

what's a good source for fjr stuff in general?

looked on ebay - didn't see anything great.
somebody has pics of their solution to the sore leg thing caused by immobility on the pegs?

after an hour or so it becomes irritating.

what's a good source for fjr stuff in general?
Depends on what you want...

Seat upgrade

Suspension upgrades

Racks, pegs etc. (Garauld, as above)

PAIR blockoff plates, kickstand pad (WynPro)

Reflective films

Auxiliary lighting

Windshields

OEM Parts

Batteries

etc.!!!

Not much in the way of one-stop shopping.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 for Garauld stuff! I have the highway pegs w/ Rivco pegs... look great but I still hit my fairing trying to get to them.

Also, note you can stretch out to the sliders in the same pic. Any new position (even back to the passenger pegs) helps prevent leg soreness. YMMV

I've had highway pegs on all 3 of my FJRs and I wouldn't be without them. Now they're mounted on my Canyon Cages and that is the best solution I've tried, but if you don't have those outrigger bars to fasten them to, I strongly suggest you get extensions that attach to the mounting plates Garauld makes (and Wild Bill made before him--a standard design). Kuryakyn makes some. Not cheap, but it's very much worth it to get your feet out away from hugging the bike like they do without the extensions. I could NOT get my whole foot on the highway pegs till I moved them out a few inches with the extensions.

NO, I have never once scraped my highway pegs in any kind of a tight turn. Never.

Lots of styles--this is just one example, looks like it's made to bolt onto an engine guard. You can get ones that just fasten to Garauld's mounting plates too.

14275_kur_4436_tt_u_9_1350x900_RGB_72DPI.jpg

I've had highway pegs on all 3 of my FJRs and I wouldn't be without them. Now they're mounted on my Canyon Cages and that is the best solution I've tried, but if you don't have those outrigger bars to fasten them to, I strongly suggest you get extensions that attach to the mounting plates Garauld makes (and Wild Bill made before him--a standard design). Kuryakyn makes some. Not cheap, but it's very much worth it to get your feet out away from hugging the bike like they do without the extensions. I could NOT get my whole foot on the highway pegs till I moved them out a few inches with the extensions.
NO, I have never once scraped my highway pegs in any kind of a tight turn. Never.

Lots of styles--this is just one example, looks like it's made to bolt onto an engine guard. You can get ones that just fasten to Garauld's mounting plates too.

I have had both styles and currently use (and prefer) the one that are attached to the canyon cages which gives you the most adjustability and the added benefit of the cage to protect your engine.

Last edited by a moderator:

where to find those pegs? ebay link? yes?

going to order the Garauld mounts. looking for the pegs in that pic :)

thanks guys.

Just google Kuryakyn. They have dozens of styles and mounting options. With the mounting brackets from Garauld, you want ones that will mount straight through the plate and bolt on. That 90o offset lets you rotate forward so the pegs are farther away, backward if your want your feet closer to you, and/or up for more clearance to the road.

Has anyone bought these exact Kuryakyn pegs and used them with Garauld's brackets by just removing the bar mounts and bolting them directly to the brackets? If so, are the bracket holes the right size?

I have Garauld's set up on my '16 and they do not work for me because the pegs do not stick out enough--I need extended and offset pegs like these Kuryakyn's.

On Amazon I bought:

MC Enterprises Canyon Cages Fairing Protectors - Powdercoat Black 1200-410
Rivco Products Anti-Vibration Highway Pegs - Black PEGSBK

They look nice, and I rode 500 miles in a day and could stretch my legs.

I can vouch for the

Garauld Accessory Highway PegsThat Training Pilot posted.

Riding for the past 52 years, after a 500 mile day, my knees were killing me last summer. I searched the Forum and someone pointed me in GAHP direction. What a difference. Will keep me on the road for more years. I got the basic model. Love them. Super fast service.