clearwater glendina driving lights

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t have those. I have a Krista/Erica hybrid set. Mounted in Clearwater mirror brackets. Superb.

I have the little Glendas mounted on the forks....these thing throw and unbelievable amount of light. that said I would prolly go for the next largest ones..

^ I have the same and would've written the same thing.

Just looked and see they don't even make the Glendas anymore, only the more powerful Darlas. The OP asked about the Glendinas which I see are 900 lumens with either high or low settings, no dimmer. Now knowing that I would ask what effectiveness are you trying to judge - lighting the roadway or conspicuosity? If leaning towards the latter there are several more cost-effective options out there however that is no knock on Clearwater. They make a fine product and have a reputation for standing behind everything they sell.

[FWIW, I could live without a dimmer on my fork lights. They've been set to about one third power on low beams then coming on full with highs since installed. Rarely touch the dimmer if at all.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of people here have these and many other Clearwater lights too. They still make and sell Glendas, and yes they are dimmable. If you buy from Clearwater they send all the mounting hardware you need along with what I understand are very clear and straightforward installation instructions.

On this bike I have Darlas (small, same size as the Glendas) on the forks using the supplied Clearwater bracket, along with one Krista 2 and one Erica mounted under the mirror bracket (which they also supply). That combination gives a good pattern of one wide beam and one long "pencil" beam. I also have their yellow lens covers on the Darlas that increases your conspicuity by a HUGE amount. You really stand out in traffic. Mine were installed at the Clearwater shop, so what I know about ease of installation is what I've heard from others. But I LOVE these lights. as everyone who has them will agree with. And you'll still love them long after you forget how much they cost. (Plus one on their customer service, too.)

According to some recent correspondence I had with Clearwater, they have discontinued the Glendas in favor of the Glendinas. They mentioned that the Glendinas are smaller and slightly brighter.

"We discontinued the Glenda lights.

The Glendina is a new version that comes with only high/low setting.

The Glendina do not have a brightness controller to make the installation easier for the early model bikes."

According to some recent correspondence I had with Clearwater, they have discontinued the Glendas in favor of the Glendinas. They mentioned that the Glendinas are smaller and slightly brighter.

"We discontinued the Glenda lights.

The Glendina is a new version that comes with only high/low setting.

The Glendina do not have a brightness controller to make the installation easier for the early model bikes."
Too bad, I have Glendas and they are awesome!