2011 Liquid Silver Paint Match

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RossKean

Reaction score
Yes, I know that ColorRite makes a "matching" paint but results seem to vary (at a premium price). I am looking for a reasonable match (stand back and squint) to paint a small fibreglass-topped tow-behind trailer. Has anyone found something in the automotive world that might come close? I might only use the trailer a few times per year so the color match isn't a huge deal but since I am doing some fibreglass work on it, it will need a repaint anyway. Might as well get it close to the bike color if possible.

If I can't get pretty close, it might just end out black instead.

Had not considered a rattle can. I wonder if I could make a uniform coating on a large flat surface...

My brother has some fairly decent spray gear and a bit of experience so the original intent was to get a pint of automotive paint and some clear.

Thanks guys! I will have a look at the Canadian Tire stuff if I decide to try the rattle-can approach. I expect that I won't use the trailer more than a few times a year so it's not really worth it to me to spend a lot of money on it (at this time). The Rustoleum stuff posted by redneckj is less available around here so CTC may get the nod.

I have a Toyota PPG paint code that isn't terrible but has a lot less metal flake. That is what was used to paint it originally.

Last edited by a moderator:
use a rattle can to lay on several light even coats.....then a urethane clear coat with hardener [like PPG] from a gun...