September Epilogue

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjohnsd

2021 BMW R1250GSA
Reaction score
Great ride yesterday from Palmyra MO to Sioux Falls SD.

Toured Northern MO and SE Iowa with SkipZipp then set out kitty corner across Iowa for Sioux Falls. I am blaming Skip for swapping bikes with me for about 60 miles, I'm afraid I have tasted the Kool Aide, that GS1200 is a sweet bike. Unfortunately that brief ride may haunt me......I can understand Old Michaels infatuation now

The wind started to blow pretty hard about the time I crossed I-80 so I jumped on the slab and beat feet for my room for the night arriving at 1830.

This morning finds me ensconced in the warm room, it is fall here on the High Plains (high 40's and rain till noon) awaiting the passage of several bands of showers before setting forth for the last 400 miles of what has been an epic ride.

Screenshot_2018-09-25-08-15-35-L.png

Special thanks go to my Mate, friend and "Brother-by-another-mother" Brian Maddy otherwise known as "festar" for putting up with all my foibles and planning.

I can hardly wait for next year and "North to Alaska"!

Thanks to Tyler for Bridgeport and Benton, Ray for Reuben Run #7 and Wayne for an outstanding EOM! Thanks to all who came up and introduced themselves along the way.

I was able to fulfill my Bucket list dream of riding a motorcycle in all 50 states, but.....having whet my appetite in Appalachia I do believe I need to return and do some more, wonderful roads there.

Sorry to miss Turk's SFO but duties at home call me that way, maybe next year.

The Gray Ghost will turn over 62,000 miles today.

Cheers and Thanks again!

Safe travels the last 400 miles BigJohn! We'll miss you this weekend, but a much more important situation at home for you to take care of. Your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. See you next year at YFO - if not before.
smile.png

Was good to see you and Brian here this year and glad you had a good run. I'm jealous. See you somewhere next year.