PA 125 detour status

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RBEmerson

FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I tried to find out whether the PA 125 detour is still in place. The PennDOT site suggests it's been removed. Does anyone know, for sure, what's there - or not?

125 was tar and chip north of Hegins last time I was up there a month ago. Not much fun. Bridge in question was somewhat blocked but still there easy for a bike to cross. I figured another 750lb would be ok and crossed it. PA. tar and chip capital I hate that crap. Not sure. Passed a group of 4 bikes that day 2 FJR s going south.

Agreed that chip and tar is evil. Still, it's better than the "not quite gravel, not quite sand" I found, mid-winter two years ago, in the (going north) first hard right "not quite hairpin" curve. I halfway expected to find that stuff earlier in the ride and was surprised I didn't. When I did, there was simply no real braking to be found, and steering around the curves was Bad News. I managed to not run off the road, but not a fun moment. At least chip and tar is moderately predictable.