Mirror acorn nut

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 2014 and there is no acorn nut holding the mirror arm. My mirrors have two hex nuts per mirror.
Think you will find he was referring to the nut that holds the mirror to the stem.

(Click on image for larger view)

Last edited by a moderator:
Given his uncanny ability to produce a photo of an FJR part anytime someone asks, I am convinced that mcatrophy spent a week with a camera and wrench documenting every part of his FJR.

Given his uncanny ability to produce a photo of an FJR part anytime someone asks, I am convinced that mcatrophy spent a week with a camera and wrench documenting every part of his FJR.
Usually, the fact that I've photographed something means that I have had some sort of issue. This type of picture I take to help me put things back together after they've been torn asunder. Much better than relying on what's left of my memory.
The trick, for me, is remembering that I've taken such a picture, then finding it (I currently have a total of 40837 images stored on my 'puter, 33738 available to the great unwashed on the interweb).

I can't brag about the miles I do, maybe the number of piccies ups my kudos a little?

I have a 2014 and there is no acorn nut holding the mirror arm. My mirrors have two hex nuts per mirror.
Think you will find he was referring to the nut that holds the mirror to the stem.(Click on image for larger view)
0_IMG_2580.JPG

Oh dear! Quite some time ago when I took off some of the plastic, an acorn nut looking just like the pictured one fell to the ground. I remember thinking it wasn’t aesthetically finished and not meant to be visible. ‘Perhaps it came off a fan mounting or somesuch’ thought I.

Still have the nut and both mirrors, so hopefully nothing else is going to fall off.

Any ideas where it came from Mac?

Thanks

Think you will find he was referring to the nut that holds the mirror to the stem.(Click on image for larger view)
0_IMG_2580.JPG
Oh dear! Quite some time ago when I took off some of the plastic, an acorn nut looking just like the pictured one fell to the ground. I remember thinking it wasn’t aesthetically finished and not meant to be visible. ‘Perhaps it came off a fan mounting or somesuch’ thought I.

Still have the nut and both mirrors, so hopefully nothing else is going to fall off.

Any ideas where it came from Mac?

Thanks
Do you still have all four acorn nuts that attach your rear drive? I have seen these back off.

Thanks guys, rear drive nuts present and correct. My one fell out of the plastic up front and is black and somewhat gnarly.

Think it has a flange or captive washer, thread is prob. M6 from memory. I’ll find it and take another look.

Usually, the fact that I've photographed something means that I have had some sort of issue. This type of picture I take to help me put things back together after they've been torn asunder. Much better than relying on what's left of my memory.The trick, for me, is remembering that I've taken such a picture, then finding it (I currently have a total of 40837 images stored on my 'puter, 33738 available to the great unwashed on the interweb).I can't brag about the miles I do, maybe the number of piccies ups my kudos a little?
Dang Mac! If I was that meticulous my life would be so much easier. I currently have a small pistol in my safe in a gallon Zip-Loc bag. I took it apart 2 years ago and CANNOT get it back together correctly. It was not the first time it had been apart, but decided it was not going back together. The parts fishe deals have been zero help. Lol. I have go to take more pictures!!

...Dang Mac! If I was that meticulous my life would be so much easier. I currently have a small pistol in my safe in a gallon Zip-Loc bag. I took it apart 2 years ago and CANNOT get it back together correctly. It was not the first time it had been apart, but decided it was not going back together. The parts fishe deals have been zero help. Lol. I have go to take more pictures!!
Sorry, no help with pictures of pistols. Failed again.

Latest posts