Cee Baily Out of the bike buisness

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GPRIDER

Reaction score
I just saw on another forum that Cee Baily quit making motorcycle accessories. I was looking at a Gen3 FJR and just wondering about a windshield for it. Very disappointed that that is true. I've ordered three from them over the years and thought they were about as good as it gets. Very good product. I did a search on here and didn't see a mention of it. Let me know good alternatives for other aftermarket shields. I am aware of quite a few and have seen them on bikes and didn't think they were as good as a CB. Hammer away peeps.
smile.png

GP

<from El Toro Joe's post above> ... zero. BOOM!

VStream. Several other threads.

Make sure you select "Forums" when you search, or use Advanced Search. See what turns up. I got 128 hits searching the FJRForum for "vstream" -- without the quotation marks, of course.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isn't Cee Baily where I got the velcro attached headlight protectors and clear tank side protectors, too? (Please be gentle - I'm old, losing memory function and it was a long time ago.)

At least large sport touring motorcycles are still being made and offered, . . . so far.
rolleyes.gif

I just saw on another forum that Cee Baily quit making motorcycle accessories. I was looking at a Gen3 FJR and just wondering about a windshield for it. Very disappointed that that is true. I've ordered three from them over the years and thought they were about as good as it gets. Very good product. I did a search on here and didn't see a mention of it. Let me know good alternatives for other aftermarket shields. I am aware of quite a few and have seen them on bikes and didn't think they were as good as a CB. Hammer away peeps.
smile.png

GP
Look at California Scientific. I have one of their touring screens. It is OK not sure it is any better than the Yamaha touring screen.

... zero. BOOM!
VStream. Several other threads.

Make sure you select "Forums" when you search, or use Advanced Search. See what turns up. I got 128 hits searching the FJRForum for "vstream" -- without the quotation marks, of course.
He's talking Cee Bailey, not V-stream (made by National Cycle). V-stream is a good choice for a barn-door screen. CalSci and Rifle are also popular choices. Some have had luck with a laminar lip on the stock screen.

Thanks Art and Ross. That's the reply I was looking for. Not that difficult. Joe, I would have appreciated you telling me what shield you are running on your 2016 and how you like it. That would be helpful. Hud thanks for the search advice, but I had already done that and I don't have hours to pour through all of them. (As you said, there are a lot and very little useful information) Probably a specific thread or two talking about different shields, but I didn't find one. I'll keep looking when I can get time.
wink.png

GP

Status
Not open for further replies.