Split: Off-topic about haircuts

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roger dodger

Reaction score
I would not purchase any motorcycle with a matte paint finish, just doesn't work for me.
I think of it like a bad haircut... I don't care much, because I never have to look at it (when I'm riding).

FYI ... I bought the 2013 Stone Grey and think about the same thing.
rolleyes.gif

It's like a woman, you need the dress them up and then they look great. Well in my mind anyway.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess the big difference is that a bad haircut will fix itself eventually. A bad paint job has to be fixed by you at considerable expense. I suppose those matte colored bikes look like they are already in primer, and come ready for the finish coat from the factory. ;)

It's like a woman, you need the dress them and then they look great. Well in my mind anyway.
Dave
Well, I used to think in the opposite direction; undress them .... Never mind. I'm married now.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't like the matte finish just consider it the base coat and have it clear coated to make it shiny. easy fix, just apply lots of money.

As for hair cuts , I haven't had a hair cut or shaved since the early 70's.
smile.png

Really, ain't none of you that good looking that a haircut is going to be that much of a difference. Ray has it fuggured out.

I get my hair cut while I am volunteering in prison, the only problem is that there is only one cut in prison. But, it's a free haircut and it keeps my wife from cutting my hair and me hearing the dreaded "oh crap", which meant I was going to have a large "hole" in my hair for a week or two. LOL

I like the matte finish, but would be concerned about the annual cleaning; would all them dead bugs come off?

As far as haircuts, I rock the Flowbee, so all my haircuts are bad...

giphy.gif

My beautiful bride of 36+ years is a retired barber. BARBER, not a beautician, as she would correct people who called her that. So, on the plus side, I get frequent, regular haircuts at my own convenience, for free. And every single haircut has been perfect. HOWEVER, on the negative side, for a half hour every two or three weeks, I am a captive audience to someone with very close personal knowledge of me and all my flaws and past mistakes, whom, depending on timing and luck, may or may not have one or many personal grievances with me, and is holding a very sharp instrument with which she possesses considerable skills. In certain circumstances, I can be a somewhat fidgety, nervous customer, as you can imagine.

But the haircuts themselves have always been perfect.

If you don't like the matte finish just consider it the base coat and have it clear coated to make it shiny. easy fix, just apply lots of money.As for hair cuts , I haven't had a hair cut or shaved since the early 70's. :)
Or a bath!

My beautiful bride of 36+ years is a retired barber. BARBER, not a beautician, as she would correct people who called her that. So, on the plus side, I get frequent, regular haircuts at my own convenience, for free. And every single haircut has been perfect. HOWEVER, on the negative side, for a half hour every two or three weeks, I am a captive audience to someone with very close personal knowledge of me and all my flaws and past mistakes, whom, depending on timing and luck, may or may not have one or many personal grievances with me, and is holding a very sharp instrument with which she possesses considerable skills. In certain circumstances, I can be a somewhat fidgety, nervous customer, as you can imagine.
But the haircuts themselves have always been perfect.
Now this is funny, and I understand completely!

Spousal Unit has cut my hair a few times. Having someone holding a very sharp instrument with which she possesses insignificant skills is also reason to be fidgety and nervous. The haircuts have been...... adequate.

Spousal Unit has cut my hair a few times. Having someone holding a very sharp instrument with which she possesses insignificant skills is also reason to be fidgety and nervous. The haircuts have been...... adequate.
She in charge of your "Brazilian" to?

Latest posts