RTE Sunday Nancy's Elkhorn Family Lodge RR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugnatr

Reaction score
After a couple weeks of rain we had a break in the weather, what a beautiful day. Turnout was a bit low but the three of us (me, myself and I) had a really good time.

With a chilly start to the day at 36 I was glad to have my Timmy's and hot Java while stopped in the Sutter Buttes.

IMG-0512.jpg

Nancy's was busy but they always have room for the Hippo out front.New young buck cooking and he needs more practice but still worth the ride.

IMG-0531.jpg

That's okay because beef, it's what for dinner. That house on the hill has a killer 360 view!

IMG-0548.jpg

One of the reason's I like to ride in the Elk Creek area is that it is an area time forgot (I'm sure the locals prefer it that way) and gives a good perspective on life in California and the cattle ranch from the past.

IMG-0540.jpg

A stop at the Black Butte reservoir is peaceful and reminds me of eastern Oregon and Washington with all the volcanic rock in the area.

IMG-0550.jpg

Part of what makes this ride so enjoyable is I have to cross the northern central valley which grows lots of rice in the summer and the fields are flooded for overwintering birds from parts well north of here. The Sandhill Crane is just an amazing creature standing over 4' tall and a wing span up to 7.5' but they don't cotton to strangers. I was able to walk up about 200 feet from these 3

IMG-0575.jpg

At that point they said that's close enough Mr, we are out of here. That's the north side of the Sutter Buttes in the background

IMG-0576.jpg

A nice sub 300 mile day and home before dark.

Nicely done, DougDog.Coffee.

Cows.

Cranes.

"...and home before dark"?

4PM? (Not fond of DST.)

You're approaching 100K on the Wing, huh?

Would love to have joined you, but you gave insufficient notice.
smile.png

JSNS
About 99.5k on the Hippo, almost broke in.

I was on the road before 9am, bit early for you anyway.
hyper.gif

Figured I'd say it twice so you could hear me too.
rolleyes.gif
I must have the shittiest internet service on the planet, thanks for nothing ATT

Nicely done, DougDog.Coffee.

Cows.

Cranes.

"...and home before dark"?

4PM? (Not fond of DST.)

You're approaching 100K on the Wing, huh?

Would love to have joined you, but you gave insufficient notice.
smile.png

JSNS

About 99.5k on the Hippo, almost broke in.

I was on the road before 9am, bit early for you anyway.
hyper.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
At his age you probably need to repeat yourself anyway.
rolleyes.gif

Next time give him at least a weeks notice and daily reminders. Us old folks need all the help we can get.
smile.png