Seat Concepts passenger foam

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Punkinhead

Reaction score
Maybe my search skills are weak, but I can't find any posts with comments about the foam replacement for the passenger. The Seat Concepts website only describes the shape differences for the front, not the rear section. Has anyone replaced the passenger foam? Is it better than stock? Any pictures?

I just used the pilot seat replacement, which was FAR better than stock foam in consistency and shape. Gotta imagine the pillion would be a similar improvement.

Hey Punkinhead, I have a Gen 1 and have both rider and passenger done by seat concepts, you can email them about the passenger weight, as they do the rider weight, then the density of foam is decided from there. Their foam is based on weight. My wife says it's very comfortable and I ordered the grip for both of us as I had read previous posts and the all carbon fiber is too slick. Hope this helps

I received an e-mail reply from Seat Concepts saying the passenger foam is wider and dished and is available in different densities. Sadly no pictures. I'll probably go ahead and order both front and passenger foam kits and give it a shot.

Yes the passenger portion, as well as the rider portion, are wider, and dished out, scooped out, whatever you want to call it, over stock, and based on weight.

When I ordered mine, they told me they only used two different density foams. Firm and a little less than firm. I told them I wanted the less. I like the seat. Much better than stock, but I think I got the firm foam. Seems very hard.

GP

GPRIDER posted : When I ordered mine, they told me they only used two different density foams. Firm and a little less than firm. I told them I wanted the less. I like the seat. Much better than stock, but I think I got the firm foam. Seems very hard.
GP
Give it 5,000 miles or six months, whichever is LONGER. The foam will loosen up a bit and conform to your ass-print. In the meantime, take a ride down US 281 to Fredericksburg or Kerrville and pick up a couple of bottles of wine.

It will help break in that seat, AND get you brownie points with the wife.