Pathfinder's 100,000 (Cert.) Miles in 1 Year Attempt

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101stpathfinder

Trading miles for memories
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to attempt my first ever BBG (In January). It looks like it is going to be a wet one.

In cold weather my fatigue increases and I seem to need longer stops. I want to attempt this ride

to challenge myself and get the year started off with some miles under my wheels. New tires are

expected Monday, so I really should wear these out first. My route is a simple out and back from

West Palm Beach to Mississippi and back. GPS has the route 1525 miles. My departure should be

around 4 am Saturday (Jan. 5th).

SPOT link: SpotWalla.com - Trip Viewer

Page 7 is where this becomes an "100k Club attempt"

Here:Pathfinder's 100,000 (Cert.) Miles in 1 Year Attempt - Page 7 - Long Distance Riding/Iron Butt - FJRForum

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Luck. I tried a BBG last year and unfortunately ran into all sorts of construction that through the plan off. Was still able to do the BB just not in the 24 hour guide line. My hope is to have a successful attempt this coming year.

As of this moment (4:50 pm Eastern) he's eastbound passing Pensacola. Sunset in Tallahassee is an hour away, but it's a 3-hour drive. Jacksonville is 2.5 hours beyond Tallahassee, so he's got 5.5 hours before turning south.

It'll start getting chilly once the sun goes down; maybe 50F as he passes through Tallahassee. Temps should remain in the low 50's all the way to Jacksonville. (Jax is always 5-10 degrees warmer than the Florida interior.) Temps may start warming as he turns south for Daytona and WPB.

Hope you brought a fleece, brother! Drinking coffee keeps you warm, but you gotta pee more often.
coolsmiley02.gif

Started at 0420 am, turned at 1415 just past Gulfport ... if he can maintain this pace, he'll finish in 20 hours. Plenty of time for extra warm-up-and-pee breaks!

Good luck, Tony!

Well, I finished the ride and the riding went well. My credit card was hit by a scanner (Again) and my finish receipt was a total drama scene.

So tired of people in this world that are dishonest and choose to steal from others instead of living an honest life. The final planned fuel stop

had thugs trying to rob customers at the pumps. My card had been scanned at the Jacksonville fuel stop, so it did not work. Tried to go inside

but the owner locked the doors and was waiting for the police to arrive. I ended up riding 3 or so miles away for a finish receipt.

My plan was to ride each weekend and attain 100k miles in 1 year. (100k club) Now I am not so sure all the time and money is worth it.

I think I will wait until I retire and do the ride with fun outings instead of "Task rides." either way, another BBG is done and I have 10 more rides

to do this year. Final numbers were 20 hours, 31 minutes, 1523 GPS miles (GPS was not turned on until I was underway about 5 miles)

Temps ranged from 49 to 66 degrees, which is cold for me… but manageable.

Next ride… not sure right now. Jax party in March and Spring Equinox ride for sure. (March 20th)

Well, I finished the ride and the riding went well. My credit card was hit by a scanner (Again) and my finish receipt was a total drama scene.So tired of people in this world that are dishonest and choose to steal from others instead of living an honest life. The final planned fuel stop

had thugs trying to rob customers at the pumps. My card had been scanned at the Jacksonville fuel stop, so it did not work. Tried to go inside

but the owner locked the doors and was waiting for the police to arrive. I ended up riding 3 or so miles away for a finish receipt.

My plan was to ride each weekend and attain 100k miles in 1 year. (100k club) Now I am not so sure all the time and money is worth it.

I think I will wait until I retire and do the ride with fun outings instead of "Task rides." either way, another BBG is done and I have 10 more rides

to do this year. Final numbers were 20 hours, 31 minutes, 1523 GPS miles (GPS was not turned on until I was underway about 5 miles)

Temps ranged from 49 to 66 degrees, which is cold for me… but manageable.

Next ride… not sure right now. Jax party in March and Spring Equinox ride for sure. (March 20th)
Nice riding Tony! Congratulations on finishing a ride in January and a BBG.

Dude...wow... first, totally agree about the scammers. I wouldnt be against treating them like horse thieves were in the past.

But also, you were planning on 100k miles in one year? Without being retired?? Man, thats a helluva goal. Theres absolutely no way I could do that working and being married.... :) .

Good job on the BBG - theyre tough to complete (unless youre the travel man!)