Which helmets fit saddle bags

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lobstr

Reaction score
Have an '03 FJR and wear a Bell helmet that came with it. Have no idea how old it is and want to replace it, want one that breathes better too. The bell fits in the saddle bags but just barely. Definitely want a helmet that I can store in the saddle bags. What do you wear that fits? Thanks for your help

It also depends on the size of the helmet. The largest shell for each model helmet may not fit, especially with

Yeah I hadn't thought about the helmet size. On the Qwest everyone who had it for 300.00 or less is out of stock and not to be restocked. Ebay has them for about 400

Both my Schuberth C3 Pro (big shell) and Shoei RF-SR (smaller shell), both with Sena, fit fine.

Webbikeworld is a good source of info about helmets, fitting, reveiws, etc.

-Steve

I found with my Neotec II (it's a Large) that I have to unlatch the chinbar for it to fit. But given that it fits fine. It's a large. This might be true for some other modulars, also.

I have a "large" Quest that fits in the left bag if I put the bottom of the helmet in first, chin to the back of the bike. My x-large Quest will NOT fit in the left bag,but it has a Sena mount on it, so I don't know if it's the mount or a different size shell that keeps it from fitting. The right bag is full of stuff and I am too lazy to empty it. LOL

i have to try my C4 Schuberth that I got on sale. The Nolan 104 had a a metal T-bar that I used to secure however I don't think it will fit the C4. The C4 seems to be a very large shell. Will try and report back when weather is a little more agreeable.

My C4 fits comfortably. Its size is large, not sure of the shell size.

I put a piece of duct tape over the screw heads in the lid (that hold the trim on in my '18) to prevent scratching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shoei MultiTec size XL with Sena. As long as the Sena unit is removed it fits in the bags, does take some fiddling and careful positioning.

~G

My large HJC CL-17 with older Scala Rider did not fit.

My large Shoei RF-SR with Scala Rider Freecom 4 fits nicely.

My size 2XL HJC - IS Max 2 with a uClear mounted on the left fits snugly in the right side saddle bag but I have not been able to get it into the left side. I also have a Helmet Guardian mounted to the license plate holder which works great.

I haven't found a helmet I couldn't store in the side bags. Sizes L- XL, Shoei, HJC & ICON are the 3 brands I currently own...