MC Enterprises Closing

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MCE Closing!
1f641.png
:(

Kawasaki Concours 14 / 1400GTR Enthusiasts/Yamaha FJR 1300

LAST CHANCE TO GET CANYON CAGE & SADDLE BAG GUARDS FROM MC ENTERPRISES.

With deep regret, I want to notify all of you that MC Enterprises is closing their doors after an amazing near 50 year run. MC Enterprises has long been known for making the well know Canyon Gage Crash Bars and used on almost every Concours 14 and FJR police bike in the world.

I caught wind of this after one of the guys here asked for a contact there, and he became aware of their situation, so I reached out to Ryan Nichols. Ryan has worked for them for 12 years and a long time member of this group. He’s supported so many in this group over the years and what I consider the perfect representative of the company - always respectful of the group and always willing to offer help.

Ryan responded to me immediately on the news and was sad that the news was true, and said, “I really enjoyed talking to and working with the Concours and FJR community specifically.”

Hearing that he was staying on to clear inventory, I offered to help by posting the news and to say, if anyone was thinking about buying Canyon Cage front crash (tip bars), saddle bag guards, and or highway pegs, now is the last chance to get them !!. When they’re gone - they’re gone for good.

You can reach out to Ryan at is work email: [email protected]

Their general emails are being forwarded to him as well. They include: [email protected] and [email protected]

With that, it saddens me that another very reputable vendor will be gone. Again - I want to say thank you to Ryan and the folks at MC Enterprises for doing such a fantastic job to our market. Thank you.

When is this supposed to take place? Those canyon cages are well worth the money. They saved my bike from a lot of damage almost 2 yrs ago when I dropped my bike pretty hard during a rally.

Wife and I made the Reuben Run last fall with the Harley folks next door. Our first time around any FJRs other than my '18ES and realized it was woefully lacking farkel and needed cages at the very least. Being inseam challenged I worry about a garage/stop sign/stupid move fall over and have been looking at them ever since.

Pulled the Amazon trigger for MCE case & bag bars. Wife squawked a little about expensive habit because my Warm n Safe liner and controller arrived yesterday. I haven't told her about TechSpec saddle bag pads either.

BTW.... Amazon seller had 15 (14 now) in stock.

MCE Closing!
1f641.png
sad.png

Kawasaki Concours 14 / 1400GTR Enthusiasts/Yamaha FJR 1300

LAST CHANCE TO GET CANYON CAGE & SADDLE BAG GUARDS FROM MC ENTERPRISES.

With deep regret, I want to notify all of you that MC Enterprises is closing their doors after an amazing near 50 year run. MC Enterprises has long been known for making the well know Canyon Gage Crash Bars and used on almost every Concours 14 and FJR police bike in the world.

I caught wind of this after one of the guys here asked for a contact there, and he became aware of their situation, so I reached out to Ryan Nichols. Ryan has worked for them for 12 years and a long time member of this group. He’s supported so many in this group over the years and what I consider the perfect representative of the company - always respectful of the group and always willing to offer help.

Ryan responded to me immediately on the news and was sad that the news was true, and said, “I really enjoyed talking to and working with the Concours and FJR community specifically.”

Hearing that he was staying on to clear inventory, I offered to help by posting the news and to say, if anyone was thinking about buying Canyon Cage front crash (tip bars), saddle bag guards, and or highway pegs, now is the last chance to get them !!. When they’re gone - they’re gone for good.

You can reach out to Ryan at is work email: [email protected]

Their general emails are being forwarded to him as well. They include: [email protected] and [email protected]

With that, it saddens me that another very reputable vendor will be gone. Again - I want to say thank you to Ryan and the folks at MC Enterprises for doing such a fantastic job to our market. Thank you.
Sad news indeed. Excellent products and friendly people.

I had a look at their website. It is still up so I assume they continue to be operational. It doesn't have any prices though. What would a cage and saddle bag guards cost for a 2016 FJR?

Thx

See my post. When people walk away from a business, they seldom go back and put in the legwork (or expense of someone else's leg work) to update their web site. It will sit there being orphaned until the lease on the domain name expires. DO NOT order when others are reporting getting no product or having to go to extremes to get product. If you do, then it's all on you when you have nothing to show for it.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^

Couldnt agree more.

The Amazon link points to a reseller, not MC, and Amazon thinks they still have stock.

Get em while they last .. .. .. ..

-Steve

See my post. When people walk away from a business, they seldom go back and put in the legwork (or expense of someone else's leg work) to update their web site. It will sit there being orphaned until the lease on the domain name expires. DO NOT order when others are reporting getting no product or having to go to extremes to get product. If you do, then it's all on you when you have nothing to show for it.
Good advice. I will look elsewhere for a solution. Thx.

I did a front/rear set of r-gaza via ebay last year as they were the only source for gen II bars. Quality product and installation was fairly simple and straight forward. I do need to mention the "instructions" were a bit terse but if you can visualize things in your head then no issue.