SFO 2019 - Your opinion ACTUALLY matters

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FJRBandit

Reaction score
Mrs. Bandit and I have been talking and we're gonna do it again for the fourth time.
smile.png
Get your heads out of the gutter! We're going to host SFO again this year you perverts!

We are looking at two possible dates - September 26-29 or October 24-27. With that said, there are pros and cons for both the end of September and the end of Oct. Not necessarily for us, both dates work just fine either way where we are concerned. But we had some folks that made the EOM/SFO back to back weekends last year and that worked out well for them. We had some people that couldn't make it at the end of September because it was too early in the work calendar for them - (Cav and Poolboy). Then there are those that the dates don't really matter, they'll be here anyway.

As for our meteorologist out there, either weekend SHOULD be good weather in central Alabama at that time of the year. Yes, we've had the extremes of hot and cold in prior SFO's. But both dates are in our driest times of the year and the temps SHOULD be a little warmer at the end of September (mid 70's) than they are at the end of October, but October temps SHOULD still be upper 60's for the daytime highs and lower 40's for nighttime lows, perfect for the campers and campfire lovers among us.

So there it is - y'all help us decide. I'll keep this discussion open for two weeks and then I'll post the winning date sometime in early March, so as to give everyone time to plan. Let's hear what you have to say.....

I have been to many gathering around the country, but I have never attended the SFO (Perhaps its too close by)

So take my opinion very lightly… You have the YFO Sep. 12-14, so I selfishly would prefer the Oct date. It just works

out better for my plans. If I cannot make it this year, I will have a much more open schedule next year.

Thanks for putting this on though… should be a great time!

Either works for me. (So I guess my non-opinion still matters?)

I'll be a full-time camping attendee this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Either works for me. (So I guess my non-opinion still matters?)
I'll be a full-time camping attendee this year.
Yes sir! Especially your opinion matters! Like Rush said in Freewill, "If you chose not to decide, you still have made a choice" ;)

October would be best for me September already has a conflict. Not sure I am going to make it this year. I will try though.

Joe

how 'bout y'all meet in da middle - 10-13 Oct -- us low-life federal civil servants have a 3-day wknd

either dates work for me - just gotta throw on some new tyres (all hail Brit Bob) after nova scotia - this'll be dessert after a full plate this year

Barber track day in May

Iowa in June

Nova Scotia in Aug/Sep

how 'bout y'all meet in da middle - 10-13 Oct -- us low-life federal civil servants have a 3-day wknd
either dates work for me - just gotta throw on some new tyres (all hail Brit Bob) after nova scotia - this'll be dessert after a full plate this year

Barber track day in May

Iowa in June

Nova Scotia in Aug/Sep
Hey Kornhole, you already have all those great rides coming up this year, isn't that enough for you anyway? Oh yeah, I have those too. Nevermind.
rolleyes.gif

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Kornbread" data-cid="1413811" data-time="1550946239"><p>

how 'bout y'all meet in da middle - 10-13 Oct -- us low-life federal civil servants have a 3-day wknd <br />

<br />

either dates work for me - just gotta throw on some new tyres (all hail Brit Bob) after nova scotia - this'll be dessert after a full plate this year<br />

<br />

Barber track day in May<br />

Iowa in June<br />

Nova Scotia in Aug/Sep</p></blockquote>

I must agree with ya on the date I'm always in the same boat.

Either way I'll be there.

Wanda and I are in for either date. If September will string in after EOM and make it a long outing but October would work also. we will be trailering again and staying at the Inn so can assist with rides.