2019 Shelly's House Alamo Express Rally

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doug5551

Reaction score
FJR Darksider #3 from El Segundo/Sugarloaf, CA
I am pleased to announce the 2019 Shelly's House Alamo Express Rally, which will take place May 17 - 19, 2019, starting and ending in Alamo, Nevada.

This is following the successful, record-setting seven prior Team Lyle Alamo events, which have produced 6 Saddle Sore 1000, 6 Bun Burner 1500, 41 Bun Burner Gold 1500 and 14 Bun Burner Gold 1800+ rides. In addition, the riders have made quite generous donations to Shelly's House , which have exceeded all expectations.

Once again, we will be allowing the riders to ride the validated 1,524 mile Base Route, a BBG 1800+ route using the Base Route, or to declare their own route, using all or part of the Base Route.

Thanks to Mike Kneebone, whose suggestions have helped make these Alamo rides a better event. This year riders will be making a donation to Shelly's House, an organization that provides transitional housing to women in recovery. They have been awarded the Independent Charities of America Seal of Excellence which makes it a fantastic charity for the Alamo event.

Email me at [email protected] if you are interested in participating and would like to get on our email distribution list.

Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.

Doug Barrett

IBA #456

Rallymaster

Unfortunately I'll not be able to attend this year, but I highly recommend it to anyone.

Prior to riding in this event, my only experience with NV was the road trip to and from Vegas in the days when I lived in southern Cali. Having ridden in this rally opened my eyes to the unique beauty of NV.

Plus you'll be helping a worthy charity and get to know some really awesome ppl.

Thanks for continuing this rally Doug. I really look forward to participating in it again.

Here is a link to an video interview of Paul Peloquin and the Shelly's House board chairperson. It's about 15 minutes in length and does a nice job describing and showing the house.

Shelly’s House is the designated charity for this year's event. It is a great organization and has brought us good luck for the last few years.

Doug Barrett

Shelly's House Alamo Express Rallymaster

IBA #456

Latest posts