What are these sensors?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcarver

Reaction score
And the one with white connector, upper left on top of valve cover?

7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I just disconnected the PAIR plumbing on my Gen 2 last night and that's what the connector on mine looks like except on mine it's on the other side of the bike close to that air box nipple.

Dam Kali bikes, Gotta be different. Fred or Ionbeam would know. Oh yeh that's right they don't visit much anymore.

Good luck amego,

Dave

Is the one on the left the intake air pressure sensor? Is there a vacuum line going to it?

The PAIR connector is close to fuel rail. Upper left connector attaches to sensor in valve cover.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="FJR Flyer" data-cid="1416223" data-time="1554835260"><p>

Is the one on the left the intake air pressure sensor? Is there a vacuum line going to it?</p></blockquote>

One open to ambient the other has vacuum line.

Well then. Seems we are lost or dcarver is actually having to go read the FSM!
weirdsmiley.gif

2.jpg

Or this?

4.jpg

Or this?

3.jpg

The two are pressure sensors - look at #14 on the fiche, below

https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/50732822f8700218e05b8866/intake-2

Can't tell about the white connector - can't see what it is attached to.

The thing you are pointing to on top of the valve cover is identified as a cam position sensor #18, 19

https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/507328b4f8700218e05b888b/electrical-1

Can't tell what you are pointing at in the picture below that one - throttle position sensor????

No idea on the buried yellow plastic fitting in the last pic.

I love the labelling of the various bits. Very nice when working on the bike. I wish the previous owner of my "new" 2011 had done so on the auxiliary wiring. I may just rip it all out and start over!

Thanks for all the replies guys. Good stuff one and all!

So then-

Pressure sensors. Ambient and vacuum.

1.jpg

Cam position sensor.

2.jpg

Unknown

3.jpg

Not the TPS. This is on right side of fuel rail. Small. A PM told me it's a micro switch...

4.jpg

More pic here