Am I the ONLY one riding these days?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't have time to ride. I'm busy fixing your shit.
smile.png
smile.png
smile.png

https://vimeo.com/329882499
Naciamento-Ferguson road, mountains to oceans!
Not hardly, but nothing of significance, just 100miles here and there in the pnwet. Did get over stevens pass a week or so ago, nibbled at the 59er diner. I believe G. is doing the same kind of stuff. Tomorrow might be N. to the acme cafe on 9 and mosquito lake road and around to Edison. Not spectacular but all good.

I've done 3k in the last month around the usual So Cal suspects. I just haven't taken very many pictures or bothered to post. Too busy riding. :)

What the hell are you talking about!?!?

Of course you're not the only one riding these days. I for one, have ridden hundreds of Kms back and forth to work on my municipal commuter bus since early March, first waiting for the snow to bugger off, and now waiting for my HyperPro rear shock assembly to come back all rebuilt...

I might even get on my old FJR (for real) sometime next week - first time in 2019. You people and your California this, and California that.

(keep the ride reports coming, as I need to continue my voyeuristic ways just a while longer)

In my best mocking whinny voice "Am I the only one riding these days"?

This is Abercrombie this morning before the winds kicked it up to a full blown blizzard and I was unable to see the house across the street for a few hours. Tomorrow morning I can post up pictures of my snow blowing ride report. It will likely be well over a foot deep by morning. It was 60+ degrees for a couple days this week and I did checkout the FJR and take it for a quick ride before winter returned.

20190411_114401-XL.jpg

In my best mocking whinny voice "Am I the only one riding these days"?
This is Abercrombie this morning before the winds kicked it up to a full blown blizzard and I was unable to see the house across the street for a few hours. Tomorrow morning I can post up pictures of my snow blowing ride report. It will likely be well over a foot deep by morning. It was 60+ degrees for a couple days this week and I did checkout the FJR and take it for a quick ride before winter returned.

[img=[URL="https://photos.smugmug.com/Stupid-pictures/i-gsrJ9Kj/0/1feb010d/XL/20190411_114401-XL.jpg%5D"]https://photos.smugmug.com/Stupid-pictures/i-gsrJ9Kj/0/1feb010d/XL/20190411_114401-XL.jpg][/URL]
I visited my folks at their place in Denver this week. On Tuesday it was nearly 80. On Wednesday my flight was cancelled due to the incoming storm. This morning my flight took off on time, but I had to dust about 8 inches of snow off the car and scrape the windows before driving to the airport. :) First time I've had to do that in years!

Oh, and the temp read 19 when I left the house for the airport at 5:00 am. Crazy.

Back in Glendale tonight the wind is blowing. It's probably in the 50s. Must be the remnants of that storm...

What Cyclepath said. Had a whole day of heavy wet snow overnight Sunday into Monday here in western Quebexico, better then Montreal who got it as freezing rain. Does not help the fjr is in bits at the moment for spring maintenance. Hope to have it sorted this evening with a eye on the inaugural ride for 2019 tomorrow. Forecast is for high 50's and sunny. As long as today's rain does not turn the 2 kms of gravel rd from house to pavement into soft butter we should be good to go...

I admit that I have been riding very little lately. I rode my FJR once last year and my Honda 250 dual sport a dozen times. I still enjoy riding and my travels on my FJR are a major part of my memories, but I have other interests, mostly grandchildren. Also, I found myself starting to make small mistakes on the FJR a couple of years ago. Nothing major, but I recognized that I need to regain my focus if I am going to ride on the street.

Last edited by a moderator: