Whims

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JamesW

JamesW
Reaction score
Just rolling the bike out and I noticed on the Strom I put red valve stems on black wheels, I cannot remember why, instead of the usual black, must have been a whim of some sort. Wonder how many other folks have done something connected to their rides on a whim?

I rode 1100 miles for a hot dog...that count?
help.gif
smile.png

~G

Whims? The majority of rides I do are whims. Gee, I have a hankering for some world-class Gouda cheese. Hey, it's only a 280-mile round trip (taking the twisty way). Trip to have lunch with my brother, on a whim? Yup, 440-mile round trip, and back before supper. Hey, I haven't been to my great-grandma's grave since the funeral, when I was I was 13. It was only a 150-mile round trip. Gosh, the fall festival in the little town of 50 that my mother grew up in, for homemade food and fond memories? Just a 500-mile round trip, up and back, and worth every minute. Yup, most of my motorcycle rides are whims.

Other whims? Well, the sideburns I had in the mid-70s may qualify, as well as the long hair, funky shoes, and corduroy bib overalls. No, I will NOT post pictures. My everyday life is demeaning enough as it is.

Gold levers and valve stems, but not on a whim. Trying to decide how thick to make the gold pinstripe on my black 2015 wheels.

I rode 1100 miles for a hot dog...that count?
help.gif
smile.png

~G
Thanks for the reminder. There was an event called moonshine run,or something like that, that a forum member named Airboss promoted. I rode through rain for a cheeseburger. I met guys I hadn't seen since a NAFO in Colorado. Good times..