Anyone in Maine?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedcricket

You have whiskey?
FJR Supporter
Reaction score
A buddy of mine (worldbound4now) and I are heading up to Maine the last week of July for a canoe trip along the Allagash.

Unfortunately neither of us will ride the FJRs there :(

However, I'm wondering if someone near/around Portland or Bangor might have some bits we could borrow so that we don't have to buy a bunch of things the airlines may not allow us to transport, or would mean added expense. Things like a cooler, maybe a small camp stove/fuel canisters.

We're planning to buy food stuffs there and instead of buying a cheap cooler to throw away later we wondered if someone might have one we could fit in a canoe for a few days. We're thinking about bringing a hiking campstove, but are concerned that it, and/or the canisters may be flagged and taken out of checked bags. Maybe we're over-thinking some of it?

TIA!

Take the stove, leave the cans of gas home. Good to see WB4N pop up--moved away and didn't come back on the forum AFAIK. Only met him a couple of times but he seemed OK. (Also AFAIK). Tell him I said hey. And have fun.

Might be able to help you guys out. Currently getting some things put into local storage as my house will be on the market in a few weeks. So I may need to scratch my head to remembers which location or family member will have the stuff.

Take the stove, leave the cans of gas home. Good to see WB4N pop up--moved away and didn't come back on the forum AFAIK. Only met him a couple of times but he seemed OK. (Also AFAIK). Tell him I said hey. And have fun.
He's doing well. Sold the FJR as life (family, work, etc) was taking away from riding time.

I'll mention this to him.

I'm still around, but sold the FJR years ago then drove a LEAF for 3 years. I miss riding greatly. Now I'm a proud soccer/swim dad hauling kids around in my Subaru. I've occasionally trolled the forum in the hopes of returning to riding, but with kid activities, etc.. I fear they FJR would just sit and collect dust. Life's journey has me focusing on family to try to raise functional, productive, safe young women. I do plan to return to riding after the kids are out of the house. Nice to hear from you Mike.

Last edited by a moderator: