Airboss having health issues

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bustanut joker

Reaction score
Just read this info from Griff next door.

Some of you may know Karl Kelso, aka aireboss. He lived in Ilinois until a few years ago and then moved out to Tucson to live with his daughter. I was just talking with my brother Ed, aka amishfjr. Ed said Karl is going through some health issues and has not ridden for a while. He said he would like to hear from the forumites and the best way would be to send him a pm. Sooo, thats what I would do. I have had the unfortunate experience to be right behind Karl when he crashed - TWICE. The second time he slid under a guard rail and down an embankment. It took a human chain to get him back up to the road. He was ok, but his duck took a beating!!

Anyhow, give Karl a pm if you feel like it. He would love to hear from you.

Karl was one of my first FJR great friends to greet me as I arrived at my first FJR get together a LaCrosse 9 years ago. He's a good guy and hope he gets back in the saddle some day soon.

Done - Karl was the first guy to greet me at the Don Stanley/Bugs shindig in Sparks NV in 2014. Said hello and handed me an ice cold beer from a seemingly bottomless cooler in the trunk of a VW Bug as I recall.

Great guy and a friend to all.

60009755_10157285048739628_3971500948022362112_n.jpg

Some of you may know Karl Kelso, aka aireboss. He lived in Ilinois until a few years ago and then moved out to Tucson to live with his daughter.
. . . I have had the unfortunate experience to be right behind Karl when he crashed - TWICE.
Are you sure he didn't move to Tucson to get away from YOU?

Not sure of the year, but it was Karl and Wheatie's trip out west for the never-to-be-forgotten big California Cluster Feck meetup that set the bar for ad hoc short notice gatherings to welcome long-distance visitors. Hoping for a good recovery and back on the road with you, buddy. (I say this here because if he can get a PM, pretty sure he's already looking at the forum on his computer. And I wanted to give you a shot anyway, Bust.)

Some of you may know Karl Kelso, aka aireboss. He lived in Ilinois until a few years ago and then moved out to Tucson to live with his daughter.

. . . I have had the unfortunate experience to be right behind Karl when he crashed - TWICE.
Are you sure he didn't move to Tucson to get away from YOU?

Not sure of the year, but it was Karl and Wheatie's trip out west for the never-to-be-forgotten big California Cluster Feck meetup that set the bar for ad hoc short notice gatherings to welcome long-distance visitors. Hoping for a good recovery and back on the road with you, buddy. (I say this here because if he can get a PM, pretty sure he's already looking at the forum on his computer. And I wanted to give you a shot anyway, Bust.)

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/138272-wheaton-and-airboss-do-kalifornia-did-we-really-do-this/?hl=wheaton

I'll always remember Karl from that 2011 Cluster Feck. Get well soon, Karl - far better to fall off a bike than to take a beating stuck in bed.