2019 Iron Butt Rally Details Announced - Starts Monday 6/17 in South Carolina

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
From the source, Lisa Landry at the Iron Butt Association Forum

It's almost that time again and the Iron Butt Rally will be underway in just a few short weeks. For those of you who are interested, below is the schedule and various locations of the Start, Checkpoints and Finish. Once again, IBR vet John Harrison will be slaving over the daily reports to try to bring you as much of the detail and flavor as possible of that long 11 days. We will post those here on the forum, LDRider and IBDone. John's 2017 reports were incredibly insightful, with lots of fun facts about the rally packet, the riders and their adventures. I know that you'll be entertained once again.

We love spectators and the energy they bring to event, not to mention the support offered to riders. We ask that you park away from the designated rider area and be sure to leave space for riders to easily access the hotel from the parking lot, especially as we get into penalty minutes.

Thanks and hope to see you soon!

All Start and Finish activities at:

Greenville Marriott
One Parkway East
Greenville, South Carolina 29615
(864) 297-0300

CHECK IN WEEKEND
Saturday, June 15

Tech Inspection/Odo Check 8am - 4pm
Rally Check In 8am - 4pm
Last Chance Dinner 6pm - Sold Out

Sunday, June 16

Tech Inspection/Odo Check 8am - 10am
Rally Check In 8am - 11am
Start Banquet 5:00pm - Sold Out

RALLY START
Monday, June 17
Motorcycle Impound 8am
Rally Start 10am

CHECKPOINT 1 INFORMATION - Thursday, June 20, 8pm - 10pm
Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities Kennewick
701 North Young Street
Kennewick, Washington, 99336

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01pm
Scoring opens at 5pm
Leg 2 information distributed at 4am, June 21

CHECKPOINT 2 INFORMATION - Sunday, June 23, 8pm - 10 pm
Hilton Garden Inn Tri-Cities Kennewick
701 North Young Street
Kennewick, Washington, 99336

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01pm
Scoring opens at 5pm
Leg 3 information distributed at 4am, June 24 Checkpoint 1

FINISH - Friday, June 28, 10 am

Penalty points accrue at 8:00:01am Scoring opens at 5am
Finishers' Banquet 6:30pm - Sold Out

A couple of forum and personal notes:

• Checkpoint #1 and #2 are in the same place, Kennewick, WA. That's my hometown and part of the community both myself and Warchild live. If you live in the Pacific Northwest..think about coming down.
  • And we'll be hosting another special forum thread like we did in 2017, 2015, 2013, and other years. I'll create it when the start gets closer...probably the weekend around June 16th. So, stay tuned!
  • Or if you want to visit the start, a checkpoint, or finish....they're inviting of that and to amplify the note, "We love spectators and the energy they bring to event, not to mention the support offered to riders. We ask that you park away from the designated rider area and be sure to leave space for riders to easily access the hotel from the parking lot, especially as we get into penalty minutes." I'd echo that personally having ridden it three times. The hundred or so riders have their minds deep into a complex task of the rally and are pounding out the miles. While they're focused on getting to that checkpoint, rolling into that parking lot, and seeing smiling faces of friends and spectators....is the coolest feeling in the world.

I'll be at the start in Greenville... looking forward to witnessing the spectacle and cheering everyone on!
cool.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm absolutely sick about not being able to hang in Kennewick to cheer the riders on. I know I'm missing the best of times.
Pissed in Monmouth!
Come on Paul, what can be that sticky in Monmouth. Come ride with me to the tri-cities on the 23rd.

Woo hoo!! It's that time again! Looking forward to this bi-annual madness! Hoping to be at the start with some of my grandkids, waving the orange Tennessee flags for our 3rd IBR.

Thanks in advance, Ignacio, for all the info and updates.

Here's hoping and praying for the safety of all riders, staff and fans in IBR 2019.

I plan on being at the start, and also in Kennewick, and then back to where it all started. This will be #4 for me. That's enough, no more.
Gregg

Me too. Why do I always run into you during my summer vacation...
smile.png

Literally leaving for the start in 10 minutes [getting maintenance and fresh tires, staging bike, flying home for the week].

Gregg, you've got my number since the last event so if you need anything.....Same goes for Eric or any of the others I can help if they're in my area.

Best of luck to all of the riders!

Efficiency is in the toilet already at work and now it just going to get worse.

Oh well, Dave

Yippee, it's started again. I can't begin to tell you how long I've been waiting for the "madness" to start again. Well, I know that it's only been 2 years but you know what I mean.

As I reside in Australia, it is unlikely that I will be able to personally attend the start or finish, so I'll just have to make do with the YouTube videos and the daily up-dates.

To paraphrase on old Irish blessing . . .

May the road rise to meet you, May the sun always shine,

May your track be long and winding, and may You always have a good time..

Good luck and safe riding to all the participants.

Considering going to Checkpoint #2, but work being what it is - not sure I will be there physically. Although, I will be there in spirit.

Back for my biannual visit to the FJR Forum for the all the IBR news. Thanks, as always, for hosting.

Bikes packed, I'm packed arriving Wednesday afternoon. At that point decompress from work and get into Rally Mode! Can't wait to see everyone and be in the excitement. Thanks for all the help Mr. Watkins. All my previous rally time has been spent on a Multistrada. Excited to rally the FJR this go around. Say "Hi" if you're in the area.

Ron Messick

'14 ES Muy Rojo

I've been looking forward to this.

I'm looking forward to find out the theme this time 'round.

Status
Not open for further replies.