Update on rider down Tim Roush

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

griff

Reaction score
I thought I would post this note up from Tim Roush, who used to have an AE. I thought I had posted up a thread when this happened, but can't find it. He was attempting a Dusty Butt SS, 1000 miles on only dirt roads, in KS when he hit a deer in late April. He had actually completed the SS and was well on his way to a Dusty Butt Bun Burner when the forest rat tried to run between his front wheel and frame of his Africa Twin. He took a real nasty over the handle bar header that paralyzed him temporarily. He spent time in Wichita in the ICU and was eventually air ambulanced home to Jacksonville, where he is at home doing physical therapy.

From Tim:

Great news! I am out of the wheelchair! My leg is healing well and I can put some weight on it.
My Central Cord Syndrome is getting better every day. My balance is coming back and I am regaining some muscle control most everywhere. I am still weak and can't believe how much I've atrophied lying in that bed. Increased mobility will help now I'm sure. I have control over most of the lost muscles yet I still find scattered problems that only show up when something else is getting better.
The doctors and I both expect a full recovery. The Neurosurgeon in Wichita said I progressed in 2 days what should have taken 2 months. My Neurologist here in Jax says my recovery is amazing and said he's seen hundreds with CCS. My physical and occupational therapist love working with me because they see results in hours instead of months. If they want 3 reps of 12 I give them 4 reps of 15 and try to hold the last till failure. I'm working on recovery as hard as I can; you guys deserve that. Thank you so much for everything you've done. A full recovery will take 6 months to 2 years they tell me. I expect to make that expectation look silly. Again, thank you everyone.

Tim Roush
Sales
Wholesale Building Products, LLC
(P) 954.927.1475

Hey Tim,

You're definitely the toughest and most hard headed guy I know! Keep up the great work and I know you'll continue to astound your docs.

Shuey