Washington State Mandatory Motorcycle Insurance

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneckj

Reaction score
Odd. Mandatory insurance has been the case for most states I've lived in since the 80s (?).

Now WA folk get to learn that mandating behaviors doesn't work. Insurance will go up because the risk pool now have higher risk people that used to not be able to get insurance and there will still be people who buy insurance for a month to get their tags renewed, let it drop, hit you, and now are even more likely to run from the scene.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody have any recommendations for insurance if you have lots of bikes? I don't always get the most straightforward answers from Safeco when I call in.

Does anybody have any recommendations for insurance if you have lots of bikes? I don't always get the most straightforward answers from Safeco when I call in.
I went from State Farm to AllState for my motorcycle. Same limits of liability and same deductibles. I was with state farm for over 25 years. My rate with Allstate was 1/2 of what I was paying state farm. With the cars, I went with Ameriprise (Costco) Again, way way less than I was paying state farm.

I went from State Farm to AllState for my motorcycle. Same limits of liability and same deductibles. I was with state farm for over 25 years. My rate with Allstate was 1/2 of what I was paying state farm. With the cars, I went with Ameriprise (Costco) Again, way way less than I was paying state farm.
I really was pleased with Progressive when they were needed, but when I checked out Allstate it also was half the cost of Progressive. For that many bucks I had to jump. Been with Allstate over 5 years so it may be time to shop around again.

Yeah, I'm just looking at all the bikes I have piled up and was wondering if one company had a good policy option to cover them all on the same plan.

Latest posts