• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Centerstand 03, 04, 05

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are currently a few Gen I and lots of Gen II center stands on EBAY right now. (I assume Gen II is different?)

Anyway, looks like $50 is the typical cost. I know that there were corrosion and collapse issues with some of the earliest ones.

You DON'T want an 03 center stand. There was a design issue that would cause the center stand to fail. Mine collapsed suddenly and fell over on my truck. This issue was fixed in the 04 and later. I replaced mine with an 09, I think. So Gen I and II are compatible. But I don't know about Gen III.

the latest c-stand, not sure what year it was revised, makes it much easier to get it up, easy as putting a 400 on the c-stand ..

the latest c-stand, not sure what year it was revised, makes it much easier to get it up, easy as putting a 400 on the c-stand ..
Is the Gen III centerstand OK for Gen I and II? On the parts fiche, it doesn't look very different from the Gen II but the part number is slightly different.

I put the gen lll on my '06...no problem...especially since I had already reversed the bolts...cuts effort by about 1/2...