Leaving the flock...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogus

Reaction score
It is with a heavy heart that I traded my 2014 ES in for a completely different type of machine....but am glad I did! I retired last May 30, and wasn't riding her so much anymore. I was tired of the tippy toed sort of top heavy nature of the bike. Every time I would take her out, it seemed I was always speeding. It was hard not to! I needed something more laid back so I wouldn't kill myself. Took a test ride on a new 2018 Triumph Speedmaster, and was hooked!

So I will be selling some goodies off the FJR like seats, exhaust, levers, and bag protectors. Stay tuned to the For Sale section of the forum for the items. I need to figure out packing and shipping before I post anything, but it will be soon.

Still gonna visit the forum though!

speedmaster_zpsctmnsl3g.jpg

Every time I would take her out, it seemed I was always speeding. It was hard not to!
I understand what you're saying. Well, actually in reverse though. It's not unusual to find myself "cruising" on the FJR, laying back at slower speeds and enjoying the scenery. And then strangely I feel guilty sometimes for not using the machine more fully. A different bike could take that out of the equation.

Best wishes for a LONG and happy retirement. And enjoy your new present!
smile.png

I did the same thing as you 5 years ago. Besides the tiptoe and fear of dropping the beauty, the clutch hand was becoming an issue. But the advent of the new clutch on the FJRs' and still finding it to have the best riding position for me, I've come back to the fold. Don't count yourself out forever.
smile.png

And let me add that is a great forum.https://www.triumphrat.net/

BonnieBlack does the most excellent threads of his motorcycle travels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking forward to seeing what you have for sale that might fit my Gen II.

I was blind sided by an MT 09 after tipping the 07 over in my garage, and having to call a neighbor to help pick her up.

Congrats on the retirement. I did the opposite when I retired and bought an FJR to add to my cafe and sport bikes. Different tools for different tasks...

Love the Triumphs.

Welcome to the Triumph side of the street. Traded my FJR in on a 2012 Bonneville 7 years ago and still happy with my choice:

IMG-1971.jpg

The Triumph forum mentioned above is pretty good. I still hang around here though
default_wink.png

Last edited by a moderator: