Barbarian Jumper Modification for Gen II bikes

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

Reaction score
After reading the posts on the Barbarian Jumper Modification (BJM) on the Forum I decided it was something I wanted to do to my '07 FJR. While the info was great, I could not find any directions or pictures specific to Gen II bikes. It appears that the mod was originally done to Gen I bikes and, with one small change, works on Gen IIs. So, I did the mod on my bike, did the CO adjustment and took pictures, putting it all together in a Adobe Acrobat file. The change to the bike's throttle response was fantastic, so I'd recommend it to anyone. To help, any Gen II owners would like a copy of the Acrobat file, just email me and I'll send it to you.

Jon

[email protected]

After reading the posts on the Barbarian Jumper Modification (BJM) on the Forum I decided it was something I wanted to do to my '07 FJR. While the info was great, I could not find any directions or pictures specific to Gen II bikes. It appears that the mod was originally done to Gen I bikes and, with one small change, works on Gen IIs. So, I did the mod on my bike, did the CO adjustment and took pictures, putting it all together in a Adobe Acrobat file. The change to the bike's throttle response was fantastic, so I'd recommend it to anyone. To help, any Gen II owners would like a copy of the Acrobat file, just email me and I'll send it to you.
Jon

[email protected]

Sounds Good.

Email Sent.

Jon

[email protected]
Any chance you would like to put it out here so the general public can get it without bothering you with a PM? I'll host it on my site if needed.

Many folks have requested my documentation of the BJM and CO adjustments. Duff has offered to host it for me because I don't have that capability. So if everyone could hold on for a day or so we may be able to get it posted here.

By the way, the CO adjustment does a great job of smoothing out throttle response on acceleration in the lower gears. The rough stuff is gone.

Today (April 4) I emailed out an Adobe Acrobat file of my Barbarian Jumper Mod and CO adjusted on a Gen II bike. I sent it to all who emailed me, not PMs. I'm good with bikes, much worse with computers. I know how to send a file via email but am still working on PMs.

Today (April 4) I emailed out an Adobe Acrobat file of my Barbarian Jumper Mod and CO adjusted on a Gen II bike. I sent it to all who emailed me, not PMs. I'm good with bikes, much worse with computers. I know how to send a file via email but am still working on PMs.
Now hosted on my website for those who still need/want it.

Clicky!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent job Jon, and thanks Duff for hosting it.

I added a link in the Gen II bin to make finding it easy

Today (April 4) I emailed out an Adobe Acrobat file of my Barbarian Jumper Mod and CO adjusted on a Gen II bike. I sent it to all who emailed me, not PMs. I'm good with bikes, much better with mod procedures. I know how to send a file via email but am still working on PMs.
Fixed it for you. Great job! Thanks

Looks simple enough. Will have to do it this weekend.

Right now it is too nice to sit here.

Thanks for putting this out.

Holy Schnikies! That's one of the best presented mod procedures EVAR! Great work! :good:
Couldn't agree more! We had a little discussion about OCD and Anal-retentiveness via email. As stated there, sort of a "Takes one to know one" situation. :rolleyes:

so, what's done or different on the Gen I?

Last edited by a moderator: