Online OEM Parts and Farkle Sources

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madmike2

Shtirrenuppenmeister
Reaction score
....Introduction...
This began in a thread where a discussion took place about WHERE to buy parts online (After Gary McCoy was no longer able to sell us parts at a steep discount). From that thread, after a discussion with a couple of other owners and an admin (Ignacio) I began this thread, a simple compilation of sources, from other members, for quick reference.

This is not a complete or all-inclusive list. It is ever changing.
If YOU have a source to add, simply respond in the thread or send me a PM.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCLAIMER: Of course, no contributor or the FJR Forum can guarantee that any source listed will give the promised discount.
Caveat emptor! (Let the buyer beware!)
The list below is simply a compilation of sources for parts and pieces. You should still shop and compare.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have taken a list of parts (a printed page of my order, plus freight) to a local dealer in Sacramento and he is matching those prices.
You might try it. I like having a brick-and-mortar store nearby.

======================================================================================================

Internet OEM Parts Supplier List:
======================================================================================================

BikeBandit.com
CASportTouring.com
I spoke with Kim while at Streetmasters. He says they will give forum members a 20% discount on OEM parts.
The also sell Traxxion and have a shop in Hercules for service or to set your suspension.

CheapMotorcycleParts.com
The site will try to set lots of cookies and leads from one site to another to another.
But there are claims of good deals one eventually finds.

CyclePartsNation.com
per Sockmonkey
DesertValleyPowerSports.com
Formerly FJRGOODIES. Guru Glen is still there....in Prosser WA.
FlatOutMotorcycles.com
Indianapolis per FuzzyRider
K&NMotorcycles.com
20% discount per Okierider

Motosport.com
Tulatin, OR
MotosportMonster.com
Formerly "MotosportWarehouse" per S76
MrCycles.com
per weekendrider
PartShark.com
per Potential
PowerPartsPlus.com
per Jeff Ashe
RonAyers.com
per Squeezer
SloansMotorcycle.com
per RayW
YamahaOfMillington.com
per sonicspeed Owner: David Lewis; Parts: Mary Jane. Offer 20% discount
YamahaSportsCenter.com
per Groo
Forum contributor and SFO supporter.
Same discount as Zanottis, according to lotecredneck

Per SkooterG :
Based on pricing of 10 parts (6/17/08) Zanotti's was cheaper on 9 of 10 compared to YSC, though they were generally very close. YMMV,
CLOSING THEIR DOORS
ZanottiMotor.com
per dean

Per SkooterG Jun 17 2008:
I did pricing today on 10 parts. NOT including shipping, Zanotti's was the winner being cheapest on 9 out of 10 parts. Yamaha Sports Center was 2nd best and Flat Out 3rd.

Zorkler Jun 20 2008:
I received a great deal from Power Motor Sports in Fremont, MI. Spent 1500 bucks from my crash, saved 890 bucks.
=====================================================================================================
Tires:
=====================================================================================================
There will be some cross over as some general motorcycle outlets will also sell tires (motoxoutlet & motorcycle superstore, for example).

Interesting article on "scuffing" vs. "heating" new tires with quotes from a Pirelli engineer.
https://www.sportrider.com/tips/146_0810_how_to_warm_up_new_tires/viewall.html

FJR Tire Cost Comparison Worksheet an EXCELLENT resource by extrememarine (Wayne).
AmericanMotorcycleTire.com
SouthwestMotoTires
Consistently good prices and delivery.
HighPerformanceCycles.com
Tires and more...check the website...they have sponsored group buys
motoXoutlet.com
Motorcycles, ATVs, etc.
MotorcycleSuperstore.com

==================================================================================================
Suspension (Shocks and Forks):
==================================================================================================

GPSuspension.com
Eibach, Penske, Ohlins plus self manufactured fork valves.
They have hosted several group buys. Many have taken advantage of their expertise and services.
The list of forum members is long!
KyleUSA.com
Ohlins
TraxxionDynamics.com
Axxion Fork Cartridges, Penske
Farkles & Mounts:
.....Check "Vendors" section for offers from forum-member-vendors.....

Link: Group/Self Buys
Way cool LED lighting for motorcycles.
BikeEffects.com
per TWN
Forum member, WFO & NAFO supporter. The BEST customer service ever--anywhere!
Forum discount listed in the Group/Self Buys link above.
Brydenscot.com
N/line accessories
Some of the nicest metal pieces you'll ever see: Dash shelf, battery power lugs, etc.
I first saw Scott's goods in '03 at the second WFO in Santa Rosa.
CycleGadgets out of business
CycoActive.com
Lots of Dual Sport farkles but much that can be used for SPort Touring
Touratech, RAM, etc.
FarkleMasters.com
Lots of accessories....too much to list....check them out.
GeelongCarbonCraft.com
Wonderful carbon fiber parts from Australia.
Tank protectors, huggers, engine protectors, etc.
For more than just FJRs.
KoubaLInk.com
Lowering links.
PremierCycleAccessories.com
Multi brands carried. All kinds of accessories from clothing to racks, backrests, Ohlins, reflectors and more.
SampsonSportTouring.com
Tail dragger auxiliary fuel cell, tip-over guards, racks, backrests, highway pegs, etc.....
WildHairAccessories
Parts for many brands.
Steering head spanner, raising and lowering links, axle allen, sliders, foot pegs, et.
RAM mounting system.com
Have a farkle or gizmo you want to mount on your bike?
These are the folks who have the pieces to do so.
RealTimeIndustries.com
Reflectors, decals, LED lighting
TechSpec.com
per HuskyRider
Gripster tank pads, and seat pads
TwistedThrottle.com
A TON of goodies: Givi, Garmin, CooCase, Passenger footpeg lowering mount, lighting, techmount, etc.
WynPro-08fjr4me
This is a link to Dave's profile. Once there, click on "About Me" and a list of his products will be shown:
PAIR covers, license plate frames, Stationary RAM ball, kickstand enlargement plate, Knifemaker passenger floorboards.
You can click on each item for details and ordering.
Electrical Parts:
Some of these parts are avaialbe fromn vendors listed above, For instance, BikeEffects sells Westco Batteries...
Where To Buy A Replacement Battery thread
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An alternative to a standard AGM battery is a Shorai LFX14A1-BS12 which is a 12V; 14 Ah; 210 CCA battery that weighs just 1.8 lbs. This battery is being successfully used by a number of people on this Forum.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Batteries:

BatteryMart.com
BatteryStuff.com
MotoBatteries.com

Parts:

CentechWire.com
per Ionbeam
EasternBeaver.com
per Patriot
FuzeBlocks.com
per LDRyder
Posi-Lock.com
per Ionbeam
VintageConnections.com
Great place to find OEM style multiple pin connectors
Weatherpack.com
per Ionbeam
Splices, connectors and tools
WiringProducts.com
per Ionbeam
O.M.G., don't let Patriot see all the fancy switches and panels available here....
====================================================================================================
Accessories & Riding Apparel:
====================================================================================================
Ladies First:
wrapter.com
Protection for long hair made by Mrs. ynotride

Aerostich.com
Aerostich/Rider Warehouse
Riding suits, gloves, boots, camping stuff, lots of goodies for touring and combat commuting.
CASportTouring.com per Rickster
Great pieces for the sport touring rider.
CycleGear.com per Rickster
DennisKirk.com per Rickster
DerbyCycles.com per Rickster
FJ Owners Club UK per Nightshine
FJ 1100 & 1200 and FJR owners in England.
Many bits and pieces not available in the colonies.
KneeDraggers.com per Rickster
MAW online won't let me access. Hmmmmm!
sad.gif

Motoport.com
Motoport/Cycleport kevlar riding apparel
Crash Tested by yours truly.....
Motorcycle Closeouts.com
Motorcycle Gear.com
Formerly New Enough
Clothing, gloves, soft luggage, tank & tail bags, etc.
Motorcycle Sutperstore.com per Rickster
Gear, parts, tires, etc.....
motoXoutlet.com
Riding gear, tires and parts for street, dirt and watercraft
New Enough...see Motorcycle Gear.com
Cooling Vests:
Cooling Vest Comparo Thread by garyahouse
A "must read"!

HeatReliefDepot.com
All categories: Bandanas, hats and vests
TuffRhino.com
Bandanas, vests, hats, etc.
I've been using a MiraCool vest for 3 years. I live in a hot and semi-dry climate in Central California and it works great for me. I've ridden from here to Colorado (NAFO1) and didn't recharge the vest for 3 days and it still worked great.
Windshields:
While these are available from many of the vendors linked above, I thought it helpful to present the manufacturers
CalSci.com
Not just for FJRs but for many other makes and models
CeeBaileys.com
Windshields for both generations of FJR, headlight protectors, seats
LaminarLip.com
Available at many of the links above
NationalCycle V-Stream
Rifle.com
VarioAdjustable WIndshield Spoiler
=========================================================================================
Gas Tanks and Parts:
=========================================================================================
JustGasTanks.com
LiquidContainment.com.au
Yes...Australia. Fuel bladders, etc.

Sampson-SportTouring.com
Taildragger auxiliary tank; pieces and parts.
==========================================================================================
Alternate Links and Helpful Websites:
==========================================================================================
FJRTech.com
By Warchild
FJR.1300.info
By Hmarc, one of the oldest sites and filled with helpful information
FJR-tips.org
By Bounce
Master Yoda Riding Position
@ BMW Sport Touring
Bolt Torque Specification Link
Auxiliary Light Wiring Diagram
Changing Dash Lights
Diagnostic Codes
by Ionbeam
Removing Gen I Fairings and Cowling
By wfooshee
Removing Gen II Fairings and Cowling
By kaitsdad

Radio Antenna AM/FM Radio Thread
Gauge Face Overlay
https://www.ebay.com/...=&_trksid=p3686
Discussion Threads: Here
and Here
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

THE PACE
This is a MUST READ for anyone who rides in a group. It doesn't matter if it's a group of 2 or 20...this should be the bible for everyone who rides with others.
It works and it works quite well if everyone understands. I'm privileged to ride with those who DO grasp the concept.
Thanks exskibum and bluestreek (and Nightshine) for many thousands of miles of brisk, safe riding across many states and Canada. You've made my motorcycling experience a joy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I want to mention Stadium Yamaha. I needed a fairing and both mirrors and this was the cheapest source I could find with shipping taken into account - they sell all Yamaha parts for roughly 25-30% off MSRP and don't overprice shipping (it was $18 via UPS Ground from TX to CA for me). The parts arrived yesterday and were exactly as I'd ordered.

No affiliation of course.

EDIT: Wrongly stated the discount amount.

Actually I found a cheaper source, recommended by the FZ1 forums. PartShark.com. Parts appear to be roughly 35% off MSRP.

I'd like to add a couple of tire sources.... for you US guys, www.twobrotherstires.com they just received the Vendor of the Year award from the ST-Owners.com folks, and from all reports, give excellent prices and service.

For the Canadian guys, we can't seem to beat tire prices at https://www.petes-superbike.com/ and I have had personal experiences with Pete. He is excellent, and excellent prices (you must create a user ID and log in to actually see the prices). If you don't see what you want, just email him and he'll get back to you. You pay GST only.

I just went through a big long drill on $550 worth of OEM parts.

I found Mr. Cycles.com Had good prices. I did not compare them all, but a lot of them and he beat them.

Zanotti's website is a disaster that I did not have the patience for. Who the hell designs these things.

https://www.motosportwarehouse.com/default.asp Has a super easy to use website but the checkout doesn't even work and it you call them you get a snot nosed parts kid that don't know nothing. I don't think this one is even on the list.

my .02

I recently ordered $250ish worth of OEM pars. I went with Zanotti. Significantly cheaper than Mr.Cycles on several items. While their website isn't the best, I didn't find it too bad.

Oh where-O-where is Gary McCoy?

I recently ordered $250ish worth of OEM pars. I went with Zanotti. Significantly cheaper than Mr.Cycles on several items. While their website isn't the best, I didn't find it too bad.
Ditto yesterday on some parts. Kludgy website, but the prices were VERY good. They bested my previous experience with Flat-Out and a couple others by about 25%!

Thanks MM for the compilation thread!

I've bought all my own Yamaha OEM parts over the last few years from www.yamahapartsdepot.com . Nice site with partsfinder. They usually take at least 10 days to ship the parts, but their prices have been far lower then anything else I have ever seen, and all parts I ever received from them were original Yammie parts. I have not looked at Zanotti yet to see how they compare.

QUOTE (cruppelt @ Mar 30 2010, 01:42 PM)

I've bought all my own Yamaha OEM parts over the last few years from www.yamahapartsdepot.com . Nice site with partsfinder. They usually take at least 10 days to ship the parts, but their prices have been far lower then anything else I have ever seen, and all parts I ever received from them were original Yammie parts. I have not looked at Zanotti yet to see how they compare.
Let me know when you do a comparison.

The 10 days to ship might be a deal breaker for some of us when other vendors/websites will ship more expeditiously.

My guess is that many of them have the parts drop-shipped from Yamaha and don't wait for the parts to arrive at their brick-and-mortar store.

Let me know when you do a comparison.

The 10 days to ship might be a deal breaker for some of us when other vendors/websites will ship more expeditiously.

My guess is that many of them have the parts drop-shipped from Yamaha and don't wait for the parts to arrive at their brick-and-mortar store.
Looks like Zanotti has them beat in 4 out of 5 parts I looked up, and the 5th was a wash. I also checked Stadium Yamaha and PartShark.com as suggested above, and they were both even cheaper then Zanotti on all parts, with Partshark having a slight edge. I did not check on shipping though. Wow, I guess I'll go to one of these guys next time I need someting!

It was time to put in a order for numerous FJR parts, including factory front brake pads, caliper seal kits, rear arm bearings/seals and misc hardware. I used to use Gary at Mondak motorsports and then switched to Zanotti, but wanted to check if pricing had changed from various vendors. So here's what I found for total cost for my bucket of parts (including 9.3% local sales tax or shipping charges to ZIP code 98391):

Local dealer: $472.37

Ronayers.com: $353.40

Cyclepartswarehouse.com: $337.19

Zanottimotor.com: $328.39

Yamahasportsplaza.com: $320.69

Bikebandit.com: higher than Ron Ayer even with AMA discount.

I like the idea of supporting my local dealer, but holy smokes! the same parts would cost $152 more there and I'd probably still have to wait a week for them to order at least some of my order. For the statistical types, this is almost 50% higher than the cheapest online source!

Your experience echos mine. Still, you need to check several as they can vary on different parts. The other thing is shipping. On a recent order, Zanotti was cheapest by a few bucks, but had expensive shipping. Cyclepartswharehouse.com had very reasonable shipping and got my business.