We Lost A Great Friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wanted to meet Tim.

I remember when I was still new to the Forum. I posted a question and TWN promptly answered it.

I mistook a light jab for a something else and I got sort of worked up over it.

It seemed to some that I had crossed a line with one of my replies. I fired off an apologetic PM to twowheelnut.

I wish I still had his response. He didn't seem the least bit offended and let the whole thing go.

Some other clowns went on to rub my nose in my mistake, but not Tim.

He lived better than I do.

He interacted with others better than I do.

He died better than I expect to.

Good bye Tim

Just thought I would chime in here also and pay my respects to Tim and his family

for their loss.

I met him during Khunajawdge's carnitas BBQ in Los Osos, which if anyone recalls was

one hell of a great time.

God bless him for all the energy, wit, laughter and love he brought to the FJR Forum.

WW'sFJR

I’m new to this forum and the fjr. Never met Tim but have enjoyed many of his threads and posts. Very sad news and hits home because I’m his same age. It’s good to know that this forum is more than just cyber talk, members truly care about the person behind the keyboard.

My Heart goes out to his family and friends..R.I.P. Tim

My condolences to all of Tim's family and to all the people he touched on this forum. I never met him but he was a very familiar person to me on this board and enjoyed his wit and humor.
Sorry to hear about Two wheel Nut leaving the planet. I never met him ,but he always had funny posts. My condolences . He will be missed.

Just back from vacation, I can't believe I'll never see his 1, 2, or 3 word wisecrack posts again. I cannot begin to count how many times he made me laugh from his forum posts.

Said a few words to Tim at the 06 WFO but never really got a chance to spend time with him. My condolences to Patti & the family.

So awful! I joined this forum when TWN announced it's existence on S-T.N in June '05... never looked back. It won't be the same without him here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't frequent this forum much these days...but tonight I thought I'd see what everyone was up to. I was in shock when I read this thread. At first I thought TWN was a dick...and after reading his posts for a few years...well I still thought he was a dick but a good guy too, and a huuuuge contributor to the entertainment of reading this forum. It will be different here...sad news, really sad to see another one gone. RIP

This is very sad. I never met Tim, and am not sure what to add, other than what has already been said...really enjoyed reading his posts.

RIP

Wow. My first day back from an extended trip and this is what I find. :(

I'm very sorry to hear about this and my best wishes go out to TWN's friends and family.

TWN was a regular poster on the Million Mile Challenge thread. Not all came with descriptions, but here they are . . .

rack me up for 180 miles of local back road riding on 1/1/08

Add 2 miles for me today! Test rode my newly reassembled FJR after the GPS/general service work.

245 miles today

370 today. I wasn't trying and Duff was holding me up

1,187 from Thursday 'til today. Yeah, I know, I was slacking, but I had to take some photo's and experience a promenade of the femoral kind from a greatly gammed ecdysiast.

Piddly 145 today on the Wabs. Fuggin' wind

210 Sunday. The poppies are everywhere!

260 today, 60 of it in the dirt. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

660 this weekend running bovine blockades with Carver and RenoJohn.

513 yesterday and today

225 with lots of dirt below the wheels... Waaaaahooooooooo!

330 this weekend, plus the odo tip-toed past 60,000.

I ran outta coffee beans today, so 363 miles for running that errand.

182. Freaky

Erm... +35.

5,873. Anyone like some Alaskan bugs? I gots plenty.

For what it's worth, he put 14,235 miles underneath two wheels this year. Godspeed.

Dam it, I've been out of touch here and just saw this terrible news.

All the good guys are leaving us to soon. Didn't get to meet Tim but always enjoyed his great wit and humor.

I'm glad he got to take that trip to Alaska. Peace to you Tim and your family, this place will never be the same for me again.

I heard about this last week when I e-mailed Gypsy when I was in Southern Cal prior to the 3 Flags. No internet and Sylvia and I've been riding hard ever since. We just got home tonight.

Can never make any sense out of crap like this. I'm so glad that Tim got to do his Alaska ride after NAFO - a good lesson to us all as we nver know what time we have left.

TWN was a big man with a big heart - he will be missed...

I feel very fortunate to have met Tim Bates and to have been able to spend some time with him.

You could certainly tell that Tim knew how to be a good friend. He had a nice calm and caring way about him, and yet could still give you shit. I really enjoyed the time that I got to spend with Tim.

Hanging with Tim was like wearing that really comfortable pair of jeans and and well worn sneakers. Just damn comfortable with no pretences.

Tim I will miss you.

John Dumke

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.