Reports after The TWN Memorial Ride, Service, BBQ, Post Party, Ride Home

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the Memorial, several people asked me if there was a way for them to obtain a copy of the Ride Report from Tim's trip to Hyder, Alaska. A PDF version of that report is now available and the FJRForum has been gracious enough to host it here:

https://www.fjrforum.com/files/twnalaskav2.pdf

Once you link to the report, and open it with Adobe Reader, you can do with it whatever you would like. Save it to disc, email it to your mother, or to your ex-wife/husband, so they might better understand what it is about motorcycling that you find so compelling. You can print it if you have enough ink in your cartridges. You can print individual pages, too (some of which are just photographs).

I am considering printing it, and then burning it as an offering to the G-d's beseeching them to be kinder to us. Sort of like what they did at Fenway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I'm so late with this but things have been crazy since I got home very late Wednesday night.

I finally have my pics put together and on my hosting site now. Feel free to check them out.

Pics here. I think the first 3 pages or so are of the Santa Barbara part.

Password is fjrchik

It was really great to meet some y'all for the first time! And thank you to Patti for letting me stay at her and Tim's house.

fjrchik: Thanks for the photographs. It was a real pleasure to be able to talk with you at length. We had met at WFO-6, but we only had a few minutes to chat; this time we had a nice half hour to talk. Looking forward to your coming to Arizona!!!

and moving to cali,we ride all year just like texas,only the views are much nicer,,,great pics.

thanks guys! i just hope the move happens, i'm being patient, but i hope its not for nothing.

if anyone wants the high res version of anything, just shoot me your email and i'll get them to ya.

The site must be busy because it just "timed out" on my computer. What I saw was very nice. I'll come back and check them tomorrow....

Great meeting you Michelle and those are some good pictures. Glad to see you were able to tour around San Diego, this place is beautiful, I always forget because I live here, takes other peoples pics to remind me. Oh, BTW, the Navy ship you took the picture of by the road, that isn't real. It is all plywood, it was the USS Recruit, part of the old Recruit Training Command here in San Diego. Never saw a drop of water, just the cement grinder it sat on. Good luck on the move out here, we would gladly invite you into the SOCAL FJR Riders fold. Somebody needs to teach Slappy how to ride..... :p

Great meeting you Michelle and those are some good pictures. Glad to see you were able to tour around San Diego, this place is beautiful, I always forget because I live here, takes other peoples pics to remind me. Oh, BTW, the Navy ship you took the picture of by the road, that isn't real. It is all plywood, it was the USS Recruit, part of the old Recruit Training Command here in San Diego. Never saw a drop of water, just the cement grinder it sat on. Good luck on the move out here, we would gladly invite you into the SOCAL FJR Riders fold. Somebody needs to teach Slappy how to ride..... :p
They do and it ain't gonna be me.....

The link worked fine for me Mike. :rolleyes:

R

https://twnmemorial.shutterfly.com/

This is a link to TWN's Cousin Carol's photos from the weekend. For those of you who also saw the hardbound book that she put together, it can also be seen under "Projects".

For those of you who didn't get a chance to mee Paul (TWN's Step Son - AKA Blockhead on New to the Forum) - he's the big guy in the green T with Red(!) glasses.

I've just put (hopefully) the final touches to the tax preparation deadline for 2007 - Tim always looked for a good reason to delegate this task!

Thanks to one & all for making the Memorial Weekend such an incredible celebration of Tim's life. To think that everyone there was joined together because of one little XOXO, this fabulous Forum and the friendships that have resulted.

To all the Forum Friends, I couldn't have made it through the past month, let alone the Memorial Weekend without your prayers, letters, and love. This is one of the most amazing group of friends and family.

:wub: Patti, Mrs. TWN, PJ, Paddymellon, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.