Reports after The TWN Memorial Ride, Service, BBQ, Post Party, Ride Home

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, it's only 10:50, but I figure I should post up. I'd post up pictures, but I'll do that later when I get my camera back. I left it in the bike.

About 30 people departed at 8 a.m. and rode in the morning fog and broke out through into the sunshine up a phenomenal little twisty road just outside of town. I had to bail out because the bike I borrowed (Tim's actually) was having clutch issues (slipping actually) and had to turn back. I got a neat video of the line of bikes I'll post up on YouTube later.

I hung out for a bit and watched the early morning sun on the clouds below and thought of Tim.....which made me tear up immeditely.

I coasted back down the mountain. I knew the bike had been on this road before and I actually coasted 4 miles back down the mountain to baby things. Good thing I did as by the time I was about 2 miles from the hotel it wouldn't go any more without slipping too much and I found a church parking lot to park it. A nice Lutheran lady then gave me a ride to the hotel.

The gang will probably be back about 1 or 2 and we'll rescue the bike with a trailer Carver hast and then onto the service.

And, yeah......I miss the middle-finger pointing bastard. It's beautiful here in SB....I can see why he called it home. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
It certainly is beautiful here.

For me this day is being spent quietly reflecting on times and fun with Tim.

Very much a casual day ...Kinda slept in, then a feast of Fruit Loops and bacon over breakfast dialogue with Iggster (thanks Ig).

Then a nice walk around this beautiful village of Santa Barbara and now poolside. All great environments for reflecting on fond memories of the Timmerest.

Many folks today are reflecting on a great guy. Many are here in Santa Barbara, some are currently riding moto-bikes on some of Tim's favorite roads in his honor. And many people scattered all over planet earth are reflecting on Tim as well today.

We we can be thankful that we knew a wonderful guy. I miss ya Tim, but am so thankful for the memories and thankful that today I can be here in your crib paying respects.

Thanks for posting about the activities of the day...I am like many who are reflecting on the day even though I could not be there in person.

AuburnFJR...formerly bbailey925

Thanks to all, whether home by now, or still on the road, for helping us get through the past couple of days. PJ and her "crew" caused a wonderful and fitting memorial to come forth from the ether. Richard now has the video recording of the service available for viewing at the same site at which the version for the hearing impaired (unfortunately sans ASL) ran in real time yesterday.

Go to this link: https://www.ustream.tv/channel/fairlaner

Scroll down just a bit to where Failaners Video Clips are indexed with still photos, click on the one labled Twowheelnuts Memorial Service (the "icon" looks like some guy in a sportshirt standing in front of a large video screen - at first glance it (the icon, not the service) looks kinda like an infomercial. That's actually the Reverend David Cohen, Tim's brother-in-law, opening the service.

I got some pics but have a problem with my photobucket page, I'll get them up in the next couple days.

I got some pics but have a problem with my photobucket page, I'll get them up in the next couple days.
It was really nice to see you again, mi amigo, RogeeOooH!

Anytime you want to spend a great weekend up here, just PM, K?

We just got back home in Dixon from attending the memorial service.

Our 800 mile round trip was shared by RogDeb, FJRonamission, NiteShine, Bluestreek, fJROB and Ric in Sac

It was great to see Tim has such a wonderful family that will remember him well. We met his business family, FJR family and his relatives.

Thank you all for sharing Tim with us.

Mike and Terri

Home safe, after a great weekend spent with wonderful people.

On the way north to SB, we were making unusually good time (and hadn't been ticketed for it) so we pulled off the 101 to take a break. We found Starbucks in the beautiful little town of Carpinteria. It took a minute to realize the significance of stopping there. This was Tim's home town. As we sipped our coffee, we people watched, perhaps Tim's friends and neighbors, going about their business.

Has anyone else mused on the thought that a combination of two machines - the FJR and the computer, have brought so many good people together? I'm sure Tim would be smiling, to think that so many of these people got together in his honor....... and then given his unique salute.

Jill

Thank you to everyone involved with planning the weekend. My wife and I had alot of fun on the memorial ride.

Here’s a few teaser pics

Leaving Santa Maria

102_3714.jpg

In route to memorial

102_3717.jpg

Waiting for 1130 depart time. Can anyone guess who's bike is in the reflection?

102_3710.jpg

It was a great memorial ride and a great celebration of Tim.

I started thinking which is dangerous but, none the less I did it. In some deep thought, "What if Tim never existed"? He would not have accomplished so much in his profession. He would not have touched many friends, family, and co-workers. This forum would be void of any TwoWheelNut and his wit and expertise.

Granted we lost Tim too soon, but we can celebrate knowing him, even if for a short time.

We miss Tim, but we experienced him. And for that, we should be grateful.

Great job on the video Jdog.

That was one awesome ride.

Thanks for all your hard work

Mike and Terri

Saturday morning at the Holiday Inn...about an hour before the ride. The night before the firepit had been ground zero for one of the many impromptu gatherings. The fog just intensified the morning.

P9270450b.JPG

Took a few minutes to get Tim to ride shotgun.

P9270452b.JPG

I had the honor riding Tim's bike and the key chain just felt heavy in my pocket the whole time. It felt much lighter and at home in the ignition.

P9270453b.JPG

I took this video as I crested out of the fog and clutch went south. Be sure to click on Watch in High Quality to get the full effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.