YES is Clazy good !

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobbyBlue

Arrhythmia and Blues
Reaction score
Somedays I just gotta be thankful. Yesterday I decided to stop by the closest dealer to order a new front brake microswitch. I've been in a great mood this week. Its my 5 year, thats 1825 days for you laymen, anniversary for my last heart attack and subsequent quintuple bypass and divorce...it was a tough month in '03. Anyway after ordering and paying for said out of stock part I stumbled over to service to say hi. These guys replaced my TBS and camchain tensioner when it failed 7K ago. My bike has 39,985 on it and my stock shock has been gone for a looong time now, but after reading a couple forum members having luck with getting their shocks replaced under YES I thought it was worth a try. Now these guys have seen me stand-up wheelie an old GL1200 and ride the hill country with them and made them work their GSXR's and R1's to get around me...I dont abuse the old boy but hey...it IS a SPORT tourer after all. With my crappy ticker ( my heart not the bike ! :rolleyes: ) I certaintly couldnt keep up with the long haul pros like WC and Scooter and OC but I can go pretty good for an hour or two. Anyway, knowing these guys have seen me ride hard I just didnt think they would be too keen on helpin' me out...plus they reeeaaaly dissed my smiley faced purolater oil filter...hey joke 'em if they cant take a f...!

My service writer Roland made the inquiry to Yamaha and he just called to tell me my new rear shock would be in in a week or so !!!! :clapping: What a great company !!! What a great bike !!! :yahoo: I'm so poor now I cant pay attention so this is just great news and with some new fork oil I bet he'll be smooth as silk again ! Just had to pass it on..now back to your piss-ass whiney doldrums ! I'm goin for a ride !

Blessed and lovin it !

Bobby

Thanks Thug ! I loved OZ when I was there in the 70's in the Navy ! Its alot like Texas in some ways ! If I ever get down that way we shall indeed have a couple...the dude abides...imbibes but abides !

Blessings Brother !!!

Bobby

Sounds like yur livin' right!

If ya get a chance, ya otta try ta make SFO this spring.

I'd like ta meet ya! :thumbsup:

Bobby:

It sounds like you've been through a lot. I'm glad you are still with us and I'm happy you are reaping some good karma rewards for your positive attitude.

Yeah, me too Bobby.

I'm glad for your recent "windfall" but even glad-der (izzat a word?) for your long term recovery.

Hope we hook up some day. Cigars and drinks are on me.

Better yet Bobby, a nice green salad will be on me!

Congrats, brother, and I really appreciate your point of view..

That's fantastic Bobby. Your clean living has paid off! Very cool that Yamaha stepped up for you. Ride that puppy and enjoy the new shock.

Somedays I just gotta be thankful. Yesterday I decided to stop by the closest dealer to order a new front brake microswitch. I've been in a great mood this week. Its my 5 year, thats 1825 days for you laymen, anniversary for my last heart attack and subsequent quintuple bypass and divorce...it was a tough month in '03. Anyway after ordering and paying for said out of stock part I stumbled over to service to say hi. These guys replaced my TBS and camchain tensioner when it failed 7K ago. My bike has 39,985 on it and my stock shock has been gone for a looong time now, but after reading a couple forum members having luck with getting their shocks replaced under YES I thought it was worth a try. Now these guys have seen me stand-up wheelie an old GL1200 and ride the hill country with them and made them work their GSXR's and R1's to get around me...I dont abuse the old boy but hey...it IS a SPORT tourer after all. With my crappy ticker ( my heart not the bike ! :rolleyes: ) I certaintly couldnt keep up with the long haul pros like WC and Scooter and OC but I can go pretty good for an hour or two. Anyway, knowing these guys have seen me ride hard I just didnt think they would be too keen on helpin' me out...plus they reeeaaaly dissed my smiley faced purolater oil filter...hey joke 'em if they cant take a f...!My service writer Roland made the inquiry to Yamaha and he just called to tell me my new rear shock would be in in a week or so !!!! :clapping: What a great company !!! What a great bike !!! :yahoo: I'm so poor now I cant pay attention so this is just great news and with some new fork oil I bet he'll be smooth as silk again ! Just had to pass it on..now back to your piss-ass whiney doldrums ! I'm goin for a ride !

Blessed and lovin it !

Bobby
Hey Bobby, enjoyed your post and I hope to be able to follow your example of being upbeat amid life's trials. You are an encouragement to the rest of us old farts with cholesteral and hypertension problems. Have you changed your diet since the bypass??? Or do you just keep in good spirits by riding your FJR? Keep the faith dude!!

Bobby just as a reference for you I had a heart attack at 38 in 1979. I got my first pacemaker in 88. I had a quad by-pass in 95 and two more pacemakers since. I point this out to you as I had my 29th anniversary of the heart attack in October and I am still going strong. Love my FJR and I am sure it is part of what keeps me going. So as you can see from my story you have a whole lot of miles ahead of you and may they all be on twisties and sweepers in great weather. Take care and congrats on your 5th! By the way did the divorce cause the heart attack or the other way around?

So, after all those pacemakers, does this happen when you walk too close to metal fences?

250px-Elle_heroes.jpg

I'm glad you are still with us and I'm happy you are reaping some good karma rewards for your positive attitude.
Congrats, brother, and I really appreciate your point of view..
Hey Bobby, enjoyed your post and I hope to be able to follow your example of being upbeat amid life's trials.
Geez, I enjoyed reading that Bobby.
What's left to say?

Oh yeah....

2247302-plus1.gif

Thank Y'all so much for the comments and good vibes...especially you FjrBoomer...YOU are an inspiration man ! I know I have alot of good miles ahead of me..we share the passion of life, no? Keep on doin' it !!!

Got my bike back today and OMG !!! My shock went south quietly so I forgot what a non-hardtail feejer felt like and it was such an awesome revelation to ride the Electric Majic Carpet again !!! My Kudos to Yamaha and Alamo Cycle for a great job and kick-ass support ! 40K and they replace my shock for nada, just my Y.E.S. warranty..Its paid for itself 5 times over !!! Wheelies for Christmas !!! :yahoo:

Happy Holidays !

and Enjoy your Blessings !

Bobby

Somedays I just gotta be thankful. Yesterday I decided to stop by the closest dealer to order a new front brake microswitch. I've been in a great mood this week. Its my 5 year, thats 1825 days for you laymen, anniversary for my last heart attack and subsequent quintuple bypass and divorce...it was a tough month in '03. Anyway after ordering and paying for said out of stock part I stumbled over to service to say hi. These guys replaced my TBS and camchain tensioner when it failed 7K ago. My bike has 39,985 on it and my stock shock has been gone for a looong time now, but after reading a couple forum members having luck with getting their shocks replaced under YES I thought it was worth a try. Now these guys have seen me stand-up wheelie an old GL1200 and ride the hill country with them and made them work their GSXR's and R1's to get around me...I dont abuse the old boy but hey...it IS a SPORT tourer after all. With my crappy ticker ( my heart not the bike ! :rolleyes: ) I certaintly couldnt keep up with the long haul pros like WC and Scooter and OC but I can go pretty good for an hour or two. Anyway, knowing these guys have seen me ride hard I just didnt think they would be too keen on helpin' me out...plus they reeeaaaly dissed my smiley faced purolater oil filter...hey joke 'em if they cant take a f...!My service writer Roland made the inquiry to Yamaha and he just called to tell me my new rear shock would be in in a week or so !!!! :clapping: What a great company !!! What a great bike !!! :yahoo: I'm so poor now I cant pay attention so this is just great news and with some new fork oil I bet he'll be smooth as silk again ! Just had to pass it on..now back to your piss-ass whiney doldrums ! I'm goin for a ride !

Blessed and lovin it !

Bobby
Putting things in perspective :)

Great outlook you got there Blue and now to find out you're just up the hwy. I get all my service work there in SA. You up for lunch at Boudro's on the riverwalk? My treat.

git-r-dan

:beach:

Blessed and lovin it !

Bobby

MERRY CHRISTMAS BOBBY!! HOPE YOU HAVE MANY MORE!