Essential FJR info

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Go Far

mmmm- shiny!
Reaction score
For starters, how about

Ignition switch roadside repair

and <edit>

FJR assistance directory v65

How to talk to Girls Joe2Lmaker :clapping:

Laminated bike wiring diagram(s) Fred W

Trouble codes lnewlf

Last edited by a moderator:
9780061709999.jpg

For starters, how about

Ignition switch roadside repair

<edit>

and......

FJR assistance directory v65

How to talk to Girls Joe2Lmaker :rolleyes: :clapping:

Laminated bike wiring diagram(s) Fred W

Trouble codes lnewlf

<Nudge> Got More? :thumbsup:

Print the bike's wiring diagram(s) and have them laminated.
And where might one get a copy of the wiring diagram to print? Does the Yama Service Manual come with a CD?

and to add to the thread... I consider Registration and Insurance to be essential! :p

oh, and I always print route maps in case the GPS fails on me (I don't trust my electronics!)

A tire repair kit is nearly essential. You can go with either a pump (mine fits under the seat) or CO2 cartridges for inflation.

You need to supplement the Yamaha tool kit or simply replace it. There are numerous threads on that topic but electrical wire/connectors/tape, zip ties, etc. are useful.

The good news is that the FJR has a ton of room under the seats. Everything I carry goes with me regardless of baggage option.

Print the bike's wiring diagram(s) and have them laminated.
And where might one get a copy of the wiring diagram to print? Does the Yama Service Manual come with a CD?
No, the paper version of the FSM has no CD included.

:rolleyes: I have no idea where to get an electronic version of the FSM...

oh, and I always print route maps in case the GPS fails on me (I don't trust my electronics!)
Great reminder. I am way too trusting of my electronica...

Fred W already answered your question. I just wanted to add that I know exactly how your feel. It would be nice if the price you paid for your Service manual included a .pdf copy. The ability to search the entire manual... the convenience of having multiple pages open at the same time... portability... A .pdf copy would be nice to have. But be sure to buy the Service Manual from Yamaha before succumbing to the temptation. ;)

I like that the Service manual shows the wiring diagram in color !

I'm not a big fan of laminating, but make sure your ink is not water soluble.

I take paper maps when going some place I am not familiar with.

Important phone numbers written down.

Ignition fix diagram and parts (I suffer from CRS syndrome-- can't remember shit). :angry:

I don't trust anything electronic (my GPS or cell phone) hence the primitive redundancy. <_<

FWIT: I also use a pencil rather than pen for that reason-- pencils can be sharpened, and can write on wet paper or in blood if you have need for that last minute roadside Will & Testament. :(

B)

I take paper maps when going some place I am not familiar with. Important phone numbers written down.

Ignition fix diagram and parts (I suffer from CRS syndrome-- can't remember shit). :angry:

I don't trust anything electronic (my GPS or cell phone) hence the primitive redundancy. <_<

FWIT: I also use a pencil rather than pen for that reason-- pencils can be sharpened, and can write on wet paper or in blood if you have need for that last minute roadside Will & Testament. :(

B)
You've convinced me... :dribble:

I carry two keys. My everyday key, and a spare in a pocket of my jacket incase I lose my key.

I also have the key code written on the label of my jacket and pants. In addition, the code is in a email to myself.

Scan all your important docs - drivers license, insurance card, registration, passport, Medjet card, motorcycle towing card, etc. Then put all the scans into a PDF and email yourself that PDF. You *do* have web access to your email, don't you? In case you ever need copies of those docs, go to any public internet terminal, read your email, and print it out.

Scan all your important docs - drivers license, insurance card, registration, passport, Medjet card, motorcycle towing card, etc. Then put all the scans into a PDF and email yourself that PDF. You *do* have web access to your email, don't you? In case you ever need copies of those docs, go to any public internet terminal, read your email, and print it out.
Yep, and if you don't have access to a scanner, take some digital pics of the cards/info. Put on a server, or like jerry said, send info in an email to your self. Also, while you want the info secure, make it easy enough to coach someone over the phone if need be ..if you need info where no internet access or if busy in a rally, stacked-up in a hospital bed etc ...and you need someone to access or cancel credit cards insurance info etc ---you want to have it availabel where you can have someone else access it..

Also, while you need to modify this per region of the country you're in. .....I always have a bailbondsman's info ready .....for example when in the Pacific North West I have this card with me:

1191122746_0l.jpg

can't log miles sitting in jail ....Jail is worse than blown tires, electrical issues etc etc when it comes to screwing up a great ride.

While not nearly as important as the card above ...this is also a good one to have with you ...and have it on your person, NOT in your tankbag, riding jacket etc ...ON *YOU*

sampleMecialCard.JPG

and you can get this card made for free here:

free medical ID card here clicky

Fred W already answered your question. I just wanted to add that I know exactly how your feel. It would be nice if the price you paid for your Service manual included a .pdf copy. The ability to search the entire manual... the convenience of having multiple pages open at the same time... portability... A .pdf copy would be nice to have. But be sure to buy the Service Manual from Yamaha before succumbing to the temptation. ;)

I like that the Service manual shows the wiring diagram in color !

I'm not a big fan of laminating, but make sure your ink is not water soluble.
I just ride with guys that are a hell-of-a-lot smarter than me...like Joe. :p

It's so much easier. ;)