Euro Tour 2009 (?)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Lee-

Reaction score
All,

Since this will be my first season on an FJR, I was wondering if there were any plans being made for a tour. I have been all over Europe on my V-Max. Especially to Slovenia and Croatia.

I need to start planning my vacation time for 2009, so if there is something that I can get in on I would appreciate it if you let me know.

I would also extend my own invitation to anyone that is in or near the Southwest (Rheinland Pfalz) part of Germany to look me up. There are miles and miles of twisties around here. I also have a spare bedroom, garage, tools, and adult beverages (GERMAN BEER!). A call-ahead, or e-mail would be nice though.

Enjoy!

Welcome aboard. We do have some other German and Euro FJR owners, as well as folks who enjoy riding Europe in the warmer months. The group on this forum seems to actually get together and develop friendships. With a few pot-stirrers.

There is also a more international community of FJR owners you could check into at FJROwners.com

Bob

This sounds OK.

I am planning to do one trip to Italy, Switzerland, France and Spain next summer.

If I got chance I would like to visit Germany as well. Will see.

If you like to meet a lot of German FJR-Tourer you`re in luck in 2009 ! Even there`s a planned Tour in August in the Oberpfalz, not Rheinland Pfalz, but maybe you`ll like it, too.

If your German is good enough, here`s the Link to the German FJR-Riders.

https://www.fjr-tourer.de/

when you look on the left, there`s a Mark "Touren-Treffen-Termine" there you can see all Termins and meetings in 2009 from us all around Germany !! Maybe you can include 1 in your Holiday-planning ??

If you need help with it, call me ;)

Last Summer we had the European-Meeting of FJR-Rider in Olpe/Germany. There were more than 120 Riders from all over Europe..the farest was a guy from Ukraine...it took him 1500Km !! to meet us !! With ot one word German !! But we had some Guys who could a bit Russian...so he was "not alone"

And now: Happy New Year (in about 10 hours) and a good, accidentfree season in 2009 !!

Da brech ich mir hier einen ab... :blink: und seh das Du ein Landsmann bist ?? Oder ?? Dann schau Dir mal die FJR Seite an ! Wenn Du sie nicht schon kennst....
Servus!

Eine "Landsman" bin Ich nicht genau (Ich bin 100% Ami!), aber Ich hab insgesamt 20+ jahre in Deutschland gewohnt.

Hi!

I am not a "Native" per se (I am 100% American), but I have lived in Germany for 20+ years.

Sorry my German writing is so bad, but most kindergartners have very little trouble correcting me. :D

If you like to meet a lot of German FJR-Tourer you`re in luck in 2009 ! Even there`s a planned Tour in August in the Oberpfalz, not Rheinland Pfalz, but maybe you`ll like it, too.If your German is good enough, here`s the Link to the German FJR-Riders.

https://www.fjr-tourer.de/

when you look on the left, there`s a Mark "Touren-Treffen-Termine" there you can see all Termins and meetings in 2009 from us all around Germany !! Maybe you can include 1 in your Holiday-planning ??

If you need help with it, call me ;)

Last Summer we had the European-Meeting of FJR-Rider in Olpe/Germany. There were more than 120 Riders from all over Europe..the farest was a guy from Ukraine...it took him 1500Km !! to meet us !! With ot one word German !! But we had some Guys who could a bit Russian...so he was "not alone"

And now: Happy New Year (in about 10 hours) and a good, accidentfree season in 2009 !!
I know the Oberpfalz quite well. I lived in Hirschau (near Amberg) for 9 years. I would much rather live there than here in RP. Optimally would be where my wife is from which is about 20 km from Garmisch-Partenkirchen.

I will check out the German FJR site, and maybe even sign up there.

THANKS!

Servus!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Servus !! ;) :D

I`ve been in Hirschau last August and visited our local branch from my company AKW Hirschau. You know it ? Its a big surface mining for Kaolin. We`ve been on the "Monte Kaolino" for skiing in the summer B)

Very nice..from there we were riding to Austria /Saalbach ... to see the Alps and the Groß Glockner for 1 Week.nice trip !!

So you`re wife is a Landsmännin ?? From Garmisch ?? Schöne Grüße unbekannterweise !!!

Maybe you`re interested

AKW Hirschau

I`m working in Haltern...you can find it under "Location"

CU

Lee, my band of thugs has 2 main tours planned for 2009:

1. The Istanbul Raid (9 days) tentatively scheduled for May 16 thru 24.

We ride through the Balkans on the way SE from Northern Italy (Slovenia/Croatia/Serbia/Bulgaria/Turkey) and come back through Northern Greece, cross the Adriatic Sea to Southern Italy and ride up the boot. We're planning to spend 2 nights in Istanbul as a turnaround point and highlight of the whole tour.

ist1ur0.jpg

2. Italian Isles: a misnomer, seen as how we'll hit Corsica first (which is notoriously French) :rolleyes: and run N-S through the island. From there we'll hop over to Sardinia and do the same. From Sardinia, we'll catch a boat to Sicily, tour the island and eventually climb up the western side of Italy. This tour should take no less than 10 days and we don't have a set period yet. Ideally it should be run in early June or mid-September.

You're welcome to join us if you like the idea.

Stef