Bobbling off idle

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Dog

Reaction score
Looked for this topic to no avail..........2008 11,000 miles has always run like a top but over the last (2) days it feels like its running on two cylinders when coming off the line. It idles perfect and if you get on it it is very smooth. It lasted for about (3) lights and smoothed out yesterday but did it again today. Has anyone experienced this?

B-D, there are reports of engine non-responsiveness, choke down, even killing the engine when trying to blip the throttle. Is the problem you're describing possibly related to your approach to throttle up? I too have seen engine ugh (and yes, that's a very scientific and technical term) if I'm not smooth on the throttle at get off. See threads below. Hope this helps some????

VPup

Thread 1

Thread 2

Looked for this topic to no avail..........2008 11,000 miles has always run like a top but over the last (2) days it feels like its running on two cylinders when coming off the line. It idles perfect and if you get on it it is very smooth. It lasted for about (3) lights and smoothed out yesterday but did it again today. Has anyone experienced this?

A tuneup and slightly higher idle speed helped. Along with G2 throttle tube and better clutch action from a GEN I master slave cylinder swap. All done at the same time so I'm not sure what combination did the trick... 8000 miles later and no stumbling.