Lost one of our own

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FJRay

Reaction score
av-4889.jpg

AethonFJR
AethonFJR lost his battle with cancer this afternoon. He wasn't on the forum a lot but he was an avid rider and a great neighbor. Some of you may remember him from NAFO. That was his last ride and he smiled every time we talked about it. The shits is that his cancer was linked to Agent Orange exposure in Viet Nam. R.I.P.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another American Hero at rest before his time - may the Good Lord be with him and his family always!

RIP Aethon. Glad to hear that at least he got to go to NAFO and enjoy the ride. Hopefully, he's in a better place now and enjoying Colorado Rockies twisties without law enforcement restrictions. He obviously gave a lot* for this country.

*That agent orange problem has angered me for a long time. Lost a childhood friend about 6 years ago after a LONG battle with health related problems from that. Best athlete I ever knew, but a couple years after he got back from Nam, his health was gone. Like your friend, Mike had the most amazing attitude all his life. I was always awed by that.

The friggin war that never seems to go away, takes away another patriot, years later. My condolences to his family and friends from another Vet.

Sorry to hear of this, Ray. Met him a couple times here and there. Seemed like a great guy. Best wishes to you and his family.

Jason

RIP Aethon. Thanks to another Great American who ultimately sacraficed his life so we can live like we do. My condolences to his frinds annd family.

I meant to ask you how he was doing. Dang! He was a great guy. I will always remember the time we spent, after NAFO, in Cortez, CO and the ride through the Natural Bridges N.P. He was quite a gentleman and it's our loss.

Here's a picture of the two of you at one of the overlooks at Natural Bridges:

NAFOJuly08009.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This part of a grateful nation sends sincere condolences and stands alongside in grief for this loss, and hopes for gentle healing for his family and friends.

:rip_1: :bye2:

Will the family consider inviting the Patriot Guard to stand in honor?

To RequestOur Services:

Please contact your State Captain for all mission requests, except for Arlington National Cemetery(ANC).

Status
Not open for further replies.