#41 TruWrecks

TruWrecks

Still chewing thru the Restraints

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • 2008 ABS AE (Gen II) N. America

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:56 PM

Rest in peace Andre. Cancer is very nasty. It rips people out of our lives way too soon.

#42 Warchild

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,454 posts
  • 2013A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (exskibum @ Jul 26 2009, 09:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always thought his posts were interesting and thought he had a lot to offer -- insights rather than BS about motorcycles, technique and racing. Never knew he was gay, nor would it matter.

I didn't either, and it makes no difference anyway. You could tell the guy was very insightful from reading some of his comments

QUOTE (Inlaw1 @ Jul 27 2009, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He did not hide the fact he was gay. His personalized plates on his RC51 was WFF, for Worlds Fastest Fag. That was Andre.

Oh, now *that* is completely excellent! laugh.gif The man obviously had a great sense of humor and zest for life.

Another significant loss on the forum.... condolences to those who were particularly close to Andre.

- Warchild
FJRForum.com Benevolent Dictator
NEW URL!!! ==> http://www.FJRTech.net
2003 FJR1300 (N. America)
2013 FJR1300 (Gen III N. America)

#43 madjackdog

madjackdog

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:50 PM

I've never met Andre. After reading these posts, I wish I had. Seems like a good man.
Madjackdog - Growing old disgracefully since 1946.

#44 wingshot

wingshot

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  • 2005 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 27 July 2009 - 11:27 PM

+1 to meeting Andre @ AuburnFjr's tech day.

He had the greatest farkle as far as I am concerned. There is a picture of it under AuburnFJR's post about 1/3 way down this page...
link

A bottle opener on the side of the license plate!!!

Oh yeah, there was also the aux. power outlets, tool holder case behind the license plat, and cool brake lights. He had a ton of other great ideas and definitely the most waterproof setup I will ever see on a bike, but that pales in comparison to his willingness to stand in the rain and explain them all.

Wonderful guy!!!

#45 fjrchik

fjrchik

Just a girl in the world, riding an FJR

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • 2008 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 28 July 2009 - 01:52 PM

Andre's body will be cremated today at 2 PM. We'll all drink a Jack Daniels as a toast to him. Ed plans on bringing his ashes to Dallas for a celebration of his life, and will keep everyone posted when the details are finalized.

2008 FJR1300A, 2006 FJR1300A, 2003 FJR1300, 2001 Kawasaki ZR-7S

wfo05.gif sfo07.gif wfo06.gif  sfo08.gif sfo09.gif sfo10sig.gif sfo11.jpg

#46 Patriot

Patriot

Isabella is Lazarus

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,152 posts
  • 2004 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (Inlaw1 @ Jul 27 2009, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I met Andre years ago at Texas World Speedway during a CMRA race where I'm sure he was working on one of his CMRA championships he won while on a race team the called "Out N Out Racing". How apropo. smile.gif He did not hide the fact he was gay. His personalized plates on his RC51 was WFF, for Worlds Fastest Fag. That was Andre.

I got to know him a little bit better years later when he contacted me about starting a chapter of the Texas Sport Bike Association in Dallas. He drifted away from that group for a while, but came back a few years later and at a time I was struggling with my own personal issue of accepting whom I am. As some here have found out from Andre personally, and others through his writing, he could say a lot with a few words. I can only wish that I could be as succinct as he could in the written form. We did not alway see eye to eye, but I certainly respected the man, as I know he did of me.

He helped keep me in the closet for as long as I needed, eventually helping me get out of it and realizing that my fears of abandonment by friends was nothing more than that, fears. It's not mattered one bit, that I'm aware of, to any of my riding buddies as it shouldn't. Being gay is a part of who I am, but does not define me.

He and I both had some of life in common in that he was closeted (and married) at one time, and most recently that we both were in relationships that we knew were for a lifetime. We both also had Philipino partners and had always intended on getting together after he and Ed moved from Dallas to Seattle. Time flies by and things change and it never happened.

I'm grateful to have had people like Andre in my life, even if it's only for a few years. I am the fortunate one for having known him and will always be grateful to him for his words and giving soul. That and we could tear up some Hill Country roads! smile.gif

As we go through life we meet a lot of individuals from school, to work. Moves to different cities, participation in associations, etc. We meet a lot of individuals and make friends. Most come and go, but there are always a few in life that you will never forget no matter. Andre was one of those.

May the wind be in your face, the sun at your back, a scooter of your choice under you and a sign reading "Twisty Roads for Eternity" in front of you my friend.....

yep, thanx for sharing - really - I appreciate that very much clapping.gif
now gang, about the Redneck thing... rolleyes.gif

let's ride safe and be careful out there,
Mike in Nawlins'
Mike in Nawlins' ..... 2004.5 FJR 1300 Silver Bullet "Isabella" in Nawlins' ..... Darksider #53
IBA# 42430 . my pics - FLICKR CLICKY HERE and New Orleans Ride Captain; Patriot Guard Riders; www.patriotguard.org
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#47 wheatonFJR

wheatonFJR

Loopy

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,825 posts
  • 2013A (Gen III) N. America
  • 2004 A (Gen I) N. America

Posted 28 July 2009 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (luvtoride @ Jul 27 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Toecutter @ Jul 27 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (luvtoride @ Jul 27 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am always amazed when reading the insensitive words that a ton of the owners on here put on display. There are a good many here that should be embarrassed of showing their ignorance in public.

Are the ignorant aware of their ignorance?

Kind of a Catch-22....

I am thinking not... but the first hint for those that aren't sure is adding one letter to the word "gay" does not make it less offensive or less ignorant. I will not again post to this thread. I am already sorry about the unintentional hijack. It was something that needed to be said, though.

I'm confused...I guess I must be one of the ignorant ones.

In any case, Andre-from my minute dealings with him- was a good man...better than me from what I can see.

It's too bad that the good die young.

#48 Fencer

Fencer

Why yes, I am a Smart ASS

• Members +
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts
  • 2006 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:41 AM

QUOTE (wheatonFJR @ Jul 28 2009, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (luvtoride @ Jul 27 2009, 12:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Toecutter @ Jul 27 2009, 01:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (luvtoride @ Jul 27 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am always amazed when reading the insensitive words that a ton of the owners on here put on display. There are a good many here that should be embarrassed of showing their ignorance in public.

Are the ignorant aware of their ignorance?

Kind of a Catch-22....

I am thinking not... but the first hint for those that aren't sure is adding one letter to the word "gay" does not make it less offensive or less ignorant. I will not again post to this thread. I am already sorry about the unintentional hijack. It was something that needed to be said, though.

I'm confused...I guess I must be one of the ignorant ones.

In any case, Andre-from my minute dealings with him- was a good man...better than me from what I can see.

It's too bad that the good die young.

+1 wheaties, I too must be ignorant, as I have already explained my post in a PM, to one here (they appologised), so this thread would not be hi-jacked, but ....

Again, Condolances to Ed

"Win if you can, Lose if you must, But ALWAYS cheat" - Jesse THE GOVNA Ventura
"If you POKE it, You Own It" - Man Law
Just because you've always done it that way, doesn't mean you've been doing it correctly, just go ask your wife!
CLICK HERE IF YOU THINK I'M A DICK IBA #27660

#49 fjrchik

fjrchik

Just a girl in the world, riding an FJR

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • 2008 ABS (Gen II) World

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:52 PM

Ed and Andre's mother will be coming to Dallas late next week. The memorial service will be Saturday. More details to come, as Ed posts them on Facebook.

2008 FJR1300A, 2006 FJR1300A, 2003 FJR1300, 2001 Kawasaki ZR-7S

wfo05.gif sfo07.gif wfo06.gif  sfo08.gif sfo09.gif sfo10sig.gif sfo11.jpg

#50 rogdeb

rogdeb

Scouser

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,967 posts
  • 2003 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:47 PM

haven't been on here for a while, now I read this ------------------ so, so sad.
R.I.P. Andre ............... ride on for ever Brother.
Rog n Debs
WFO's 1, 2, 3, 5, & 6 -- CFR '09 :-).. SW-FOG 2011 in Taos

#51 MCML

MCML

Not All Who Wander Are Lost

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts
  • 2004 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 06 August 2009 - 03:20 PM

R.I.P. Andre. You obviously had some good friends here and are missed.
MCML AKA ISAMACORP AKA JOSEPH AKA GIUSEPPE NERO
Posted Image through Posted Image-Posted ImagePosted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImageRIP TJB

#52 FJRGuy

FJRGuy

FJR Rally Addict! :D

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts
  • 2007 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 06 August 2009 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (escapefjrtist @ Jul 25 2009, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sad news. Andre was able to attend one of the Tech days at AuburnFJR's place...Glad I was able to meet him and share his experiences.

RIP Andre.

--G

Damn! Another reason to regret not going to that Tech Day. mad.gif

RIP Andre, you will be missed on the Forum.
Condolences to Ed and the rest of Andre's family.
Jeff

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#53 AuburnFJR

AuburnFJR

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 06 August 2009 - 06:45 PM

I was glad to finally meet Andre in person at the last tech meet. I will miss his racing perspective and thoughts. He will be missed.

rip_1.gif

get out and ride! IBA #54706

cfr2009.gifwfo08.gif

#54 ahchiu

ahchiu

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,964 posts
  • 2009 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 06 August 2009 - 09:18 PM

I have talked to Andre on the phone and was able to meet him at the tech meet at Bryan's, he will be missed, he has been on my mind since he was not able to go to CFR, He had the best farkled bike, he even had a bottle opener on the back, RIP Andre

Marcus
Marcus
06 FJR1300A, 04 R6
Previous Bikes: 00 Honda ST1100, 97 Triumph Tiger, 83 Suzuki GS1100E
I'M SLOWER THAN SOME, FASTER THAN MOST

#55 BobbyBlue

BobbyBlue

Arrhythmia and Blues

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  • 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:21 PM

My condolences to Ed and others close to Andre who by all accounts was a giant of a person. I am grateful for the opportunity to know him through our brotherhood here. I'll also be mounting a bottle opener somewhere on Zig in his honor...Godspeed Andre...you are missed.

Blessings,
Bobby

#56 jekirby

jekirby

FJR Squadron Leader

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Other or considering FJR

Posted 08 August 2009 - 02:17 PM

Whoops, this was the first I had heard of his illness. Very sad........Prayers for his family and friends.

John

"So what I told you was true....from a certain point of view" Obi-Wan
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters." - Frank Lloyd Wright

#57 Hudson

Hudson

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,283 posts
  • 2008 ABS (Gen II) N. America

Posted 19 August 2009 - 10:05 PM

I browsed his blog. I think this should be required reading for anyone with cancer or with a loved one going through the struggle.

Met Andre only briefly at the Tech meet, but I could immediately tell his sense of wit was sharp. The bottle opener farkle gave it way.

Much to early to have left our riding group, but he managed to grace us with these gems in his blog:

"Like a Crack whore on found money.."

"he chose to live with the Dallas Cowboys, who were incapable of beating anyone..."

Priceless.

The one and only one beautiful thing about watching people undergo cancer treatment is how the disease strips away all of the pretense of the person's identify until what you see is the genuine article. It's in those moments, usually towards the end, that you get to take the full measure of the man. Andre was a classy guy, and judging by his blog entries, someone I wished I knew better.

Posted Image Become a facebook fan of McQueen Racing

#58 RICLET

RICLET

Training Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
  • 2005 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:33 AM

The one and only one beautiful thing about watching people undergo cancer treatment is how the disease strips away all of the pretense of the person's identify until what you see is the genuine article. It's in those moments, usually towards the end, that you get to take the full measure of the man. Andre was a classy guy, and judging by his blog entries, someone I wished I knew better.

Well said

#59 AuburnFJR

AuburnFJR

FJR Commander

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:52 AM

Here is an email posted in RoadRacing World regarding Andre

Andre

get out and ride! IBA #54706

cfr2009.gifwfo08.gif

#60 Draggon Rider

Draggon Rider

FJR Pilot

• Members++
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • 2005 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 08 September 2009 - 08:38 PM

The link is a YouTube Video of Andre’s ashes being spread on the “Snake” on top of Mulholland Highway in Southern California.
His wishes were that his asks be spread at motorcycle sights all over the world.
Rest in Peace Andre.

“The discovery of a dragon's egg puts a poor farm boy on the path to his destiny.”

“It is your fate to become a Dragon Rider”