solo ride from Missouri to the lost coast

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lots of memories for me!
I did some of the same things in 06 in oregon before WFO-5, And again Utah for WFO-6. Thank you for the fantastic report!

I am trying to throw together a last minute trip out west for 2 weeks, And essentially trace your route!

Family in Oregon, Reno and Escondido (south of Temecula) lol
Hey GB looked everywhere never did find that Sam Adams we were seeking. Had to drink Coors most of the time
Ironically, The Sam Adams Double Bock and ALL the others are available in MO. I bought a 4 pack of Double Bock 2 days ago at the Brown Derby Wine Center in Springfield... :drinks:

Ironically, The Sam Adams Double Bock and ALL the others are available in MO. I bought a 4 pack of Double Bock 2 days ago at the Brown Derby Wine Center in Springfield... :drinks:
You mean to tell me I rode all that way for nuttin?!?? :D

Honestly I only checked the places I stopped which were mostly gas stations and a couple grocery stores in Temecula.

Wow! What a great ride report and the pics are fantastic. Looking forward to more. Sorry that your camera seems to keep straying away and getting hurt. Take care and ride safe.

Thanks for turning me on to your thread! Very nice... as I am sure you are eager to... do it again... and again. That is what happened to us!

One of my favorites was where you camped at Gooseneck! Having a dual sport hack we were able to go to the end...

Remember the last weekend in April, in Valley of the Gods... they fly the balloons! It is quite a sight and nice people...

Thanks again... be well...

Ara & Spirit

Nice Report.

That one shot on the mountian road whre it looks like a 3 layer cake was pretty wild.

Navigating around that definitely will make you keep your focus.

Well, I'm a tad bit late to this RR party but thank you, Matt, for steering me to it! You hit some amazing wonders and your photos are beautiful! I hope one day to be able to complete my trip to Wyoming and hit a few of the places you traipsed through! B)

Fantastic Route... inspiring for my upcoming two wheeled adventures.. and beautiful photos..

What do you find the best method to use for finding those secluded quiet campsites?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some friends and I rode from Edmonton, Alberta down the Washington, Oregon, California coast last summer. What a blast. My wife and I did the same trip in a Golf a few months before so I was keen to return to some of the same roads. That one picture of you camping at Mattole beach (I think) is ironic. We originally planned on camping there for the night but we all hammock camp. Hmmm... not a lot of trees along the sand. We almost stayed in that same covered one you were in but we joked it might be occupied by some murderer or something. :) . So off we went down the road. And what roads they are - around that area, they are a little rough but still spectacular.

My favorite road on this earth is the #1 that runs West from Leggett, CA. Wow... talk about amazing.

Anyway... great ride report! Can't wait to do it again soon.