#1 Texan

Texan

Rollie Reincarnated

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Bike: 2005 ABS (Gen I) N. America

Posted 07 August 2009 - 11:49 AM

I've got an open Friday and Saturday in London in two weeks and am considering hiring (that's the British word for renting) a bike for a day or two to hit the countryside.

If you ride in the UK and can give me any advice, I'd appreciate it. I found a great site that lists several bike hire firms. Even found the FJR for 80 pounds a day. But I'll likely try a different bike like the V-Strom for only 60 pounds per day.

I love history and really want to tour by some medieval castles and then Stonehenge.
2005 FJR1300
2008 ZX14
2003 Shadow 750

#2 beemerdons

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,937 posts
  • Bike: 2013A (Gen III) N. America

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:02 PM

http://www.fjrforum....hp?showuser=498 Texan: Send a Private Message to FJR Forum Member Orestes.

Orestes is David Clarke of Chatham, England. Very fine gentleman, rode Pyrenees with him and Teerex51; and other FJR's.

I'm planning FJR Forum Tour of England, Wales, Republic of Ireland, Ulster and Scotland for the last week of June and first week of July in 2011. Dave C has been a fantastic resource in sending me lodgings information for our FJR Forum routings.

#3 beemerdons

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,937 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 12:17 PM

http://www.rental-mo...don_rental.html If by any chance you are renting from AD-MO, they get a solid thumbs up recommendation from me. I've used them in Spain number of times and they're a great MC hire company!!

Even rent old Triumphs, Velocettes, Nortons and Sunbeams from the London Station. Ride a BSA 650 for two days in the English rain with an open face helmet; and you will return to Texas talking like Fairlaner and smoking Brit fags like him too!!

#4 Fairlaner

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer

• Members++
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,955 posts

Posted 07 August 2009 - 04:23 PM

haha Don you are killing me, FYI Stonehenge is a bit of a let down when you see it in person.
If you are going to Stonehenge then Salisbury Cathedral is a must...

R

R.I.P. My one fingered friend Posted Image
IBA Number 45197 CBA #3

#5 DABRIT

DABRIT

FJR Pilot

• Members+
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Bike: 2003 (Gen I) N. America

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:23 AM

Texan,
Send me a pm if you need some help with the trip. History now we can do that for you no trouble.