Naked FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigjimbiker

Reaction score
Hope this hasn't been talked to death (if so, links, please) but has anyone made an FJR into a naked bike, on purpose.

I realize it would defeat all of the features of a sports/tourer but it would be a neat "beater" bike for short trips, etc.

Just curious...thanks...bigjimbiker

Uugh! :(

Well, there is a thread from a rider on his track day, "search", he showed great pics of how he made his FJR track ready by stripping her to the undies, taping the hooters, and debagged her.

Not pretty, but functional sense for what his intentions were. Sorry, don't remember who the credit goes to offhand.

While having my starter troubles I ran this past week without the plastic so I could access the electrics at need. it wasn't because I thought the bike was useful this way, and I see absolutely no point in doing so on purpose. Except the Wild Bill highway pegs were more comfortable.

DSC_4419.jpg

Quite some time back someone put a pair of round headlights on his bike, removed the windshield, and moved the battery under the seat so no electrics were exposed (exactly the opposite reason I rode naked) but it was still ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
There was a member that converted his FJR to a naked bike...... I think it was a year & a half or two years ago. Maybe someone who remembers the thread title can find it.

There was a member that converted his FJR to a naked bike...... I think it was a year & a half or two years ago. Maybe someone who remembers the thread title can find it.
I think it may have been longer ago than that, and it seems to me it was a Gen I bike. IIRC, he was in Texas (or the SW, anyway) but later moved to the SF Bay area where riding without fairing protection had a different temperature comfort result. There was a long thread on it from when he started to when he finished it and beyond. Seems he took a fair amount of flak while in progress. Not sure what ever happened to him or his bike -- it's been a long time.

Top of the motor is too naked.

Hey, RH, didja notice how easy the CCT is to get to when the throttle bodies are out?

You win! But I'll be back for a rematch in a few days. :D

But that strap from the rear subframe keeping the nose up gives me a great idea!

I think THIS is the thread you folks are looking for. If I recall, the guy took a lot of heat for it.

If I recall, the guy took a lot of heat for it.
Hardy har har.

Heat is what he was trying to fight.

I wonder how long it'll be before Mattster chimes in with the bare frame he had hanging in his garage. I'd look for the pic and post it for him, but I don't wanna spoil his fun.

I don't think anybody's had one rideable more naked than falcon's. Mine was close, but I didn't make a project out of it and move the battery and stuff. I just took the plastic off for electrical access for troubleshooting, and only had it that way for 8 days.