FJR Orientation Guide

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignacio

Intramural Culture Warrior
Staff member
Reaction score
Prior to the service manuals (which are copyrighted and we won't host) there was a very detailed orientation guide released in or about 2003 that isn't protected. Although you can't tear down and rebuild an FJR with the guide....there are many pictures, detailed schematics, and specs of the 2003 Gen 1 model. It's a good read for those that haven't seen it and a great piece of archival history we should retain here.

I've also added a link the Gen 1 Bin O' Facts.

[SIZE=12pt]Props to Constant Mesh for providing a copy and asking to host on the site. [/SIZE] :clapping:

Last edited by a moderator:
I was expecting some kind of field guide that would help one determine the sexual orientation of an FJR rider based on the year, color, options and farkles.

thanks! :D

Nice doc. Too bad there isn't a genII version but still lots of useful info in it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of good info in there I didn't really know, like the 1.3 gallon fuel reserve thing. No wonder I've always been able to go at least 40 miles on the road....

Thank you!

Prior to the service manuals (which are copyrighted and we won't host) there was a very detailed orientation guide released in or about 2003 that isn't protected. Although you can't tear down and rebuild an FJR with the guide....there are many pictures, detailed schematics, and specs of the 2003 Gen 1 model. It's a good read for those that haven't seen it and a great piece of archival history we should retain here.
I've also added a link the Gen 1 Bin O' Facts.

[SIZE=12pt]Props to Constant Mesh for providing a copy and asking to host on the site. [/SIZE] :clapping:
This so called orientation guide is the only source I've been able to find that list the cam timing events which are an invaluble tuning aid. A fellow member sent them to me in a PDF format and I'm most grateful for his help.