Fuel Filter

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scooper

Reaction score
Ok I searched and came up empty. Does a 2004 FJR have a fuel filter ? If so where might it be at ?

Thanks

Scoop

Ok I searched and came up empty. Does a 2004 FJR have a fuel filter ? If so where might it be at ?Thanks

Scoop
Scoop

The filter is part of the fuelpump assembly inside the tank.

I see Bust beat me to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a low pressure filter, not a service item on the high pressure side. Unless you get a tank of really bad gas...

Then you get to remove the pump/float/filter assembly from the tank and clean a huge mess, rinse out the tank and re-assemble.

Most folks adding a fuel cell install a cheap inline filter between the fuel cell and the main tank for insurance.

It's a low pressure filter, not a service item on the high pressure side. Unless you get a tank of really bad gas...
Then you get to remove the pump/float/filter assembly from the tank and clean a huge mess, rinse out the tank and re-assemble.

Most folks adding a fuel cell install a cheap inline filter between the fuel cell and the main tank for insurance.

Thanks for the reply . I was mainly concerned because the orange grommet in the gas cap is missing and Yamaha wants about $147 for a whole new cap as you can't buy the flippen orange dodad. I was hoping it was in the line somewhere and I may just add one to try and protect the injectors.

Later

Scooper

Wander in to the local hardware store and look through the small parts bins for something about the same size. Think faucet washers or similar. A little silicone RTV to hold it in place and you should be fine. And there's always ebay for a replacement assy. if you want. Or PM Beeroux and see if he still has his off his wreck and is willing to sell it at a price that works for both of you.

P.S. I have an extra fuel line off an '04 if you want one to cut up to add a fuel filter w/o trashing yours. PM me if you are interested.

Last edited by a moderator: