CFR 2010 Official Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I got bad news from Bearly, The poor dood got hisself some kinda virus from sex with animals at SFO an he isn't going to make it now.

I told him not to mess around without protection as those folks down there ain't much into critter hygiene.. ;)

Said he lost a lot of weight from dehydration and had to be rescued in Wyoming then spent a few days in the veterinary hospital hooked to an IV.

An I thought I had it bad....

Ah well you's can tease me :eek: unless this back straightens out, we'll be arriving by car :(

:jester:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I got bad news from Bearly, The poor dood got hisself some kinda virus from sex with animals at SFO an he isn't going to make it now. I told him not to mess around without protection as those folks down there ain't much into critter hygiene.. ;)

Said he lost a lot of weight from dehydration and had to be rescued in Wyoming then spent a few days in the veterinary hospital hooked to an IV.

An I thought I had it bad....

Ah well you's can tease me :eek: unless this back straightens out, we'll be arriving by car :(

Bust, sent you a PM when I heard about your herniated disk. You two should bring your riding gear, you can take my Miss Lucy Liu out for a day. Seth and I are going on a sailing excursion for one day.

Thanks for the offer Don. I forgot to mention that in me email to ya.

I've got my fingers crossed that therapy/ Chiropractor is going to fix me up.

Thanks for the offer Don. I forgot to mention that in me email to ya.
I've got my fingers crossed that therapy/ Chiropractor is going to fix me up.

Bust, I'm assuming your Therapist/Chiropractor has your back straightened out; since I've not heard anymore about your disk. Is the Psychiatrist having any success with your neurological issues? You Crazy Bastard! Our Labrador Retriever "Bear" wanted to go for a midnight walk in the park next to our house, 91 freaking degrees at midnight in Chandler, AZ. Oh, Canada! Can't wait to head North!!!

Wo Hoo! This rally is only a week and a half away.
What is that in "metric" time?
+1 Good point, Wheatie! I have to post an e-mail to Chris today regarding our dinner selections for CFR, so I'll ask BugR to convert it to metric time for Los Americanos. We shove off from AZ on 6/17!

What do you care? Your not coming.

But to answer your question, theirs 25 parsecs in a furlong.. no, wait, a bushel! and theirs 16.5 bushels per tonne so... carry the 4.... a week and half!

But to answer your question, theirs 25 parsecs in a furlong.. no, wait, a bushel! and theirs 16.5 bushels per tonne so... carry the 4.... a week and half!
Yeah Wheatie, what do you care? You are rudely blowing off your fine Canadian friends just a few hundred miles away from you in The Windy City. It is probably just as well though, you would be boasting and bragging about your Chicago Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup; and you know how damn sensitive those Canucks can get about anything regarding their national sport of hockey.

Chris and Steve, now that we have solved that pesky metric time thing (Wowser, that is a complicated equation!) We Stanley Boys need to know about money. When Seth and I went to Nakusp, BC for CFR 2009 I went to Bank of America here in Chandler, AZ for our loonies. But, that exchange was time consuming and very costly. When we ride into Mexico, there are currency exchanges for several kilometers on both sides of our common border. However, our Idaho crossing last year was out in the back country wilderness; all we saw were bear, deer, foxes, raccoons and FastJoyRide! What's the best way to exchange US greenbacks for monopoly money off of routes US 87 or CA 15; inquiring minds want/need to know!

Yeah Wheatie, what do you care? You are rudely blowing off your fine Canadian friends just a few hundred miles away from you in The Windy City. It is probably just as well though, you would be boasting and bragging about your Chicago Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup; and you know how damn sensitive those Canucks can get about anything regarding their national sport of hockey.

Chris and Steve, now that we have solved that pesky metric time thing (Wowser, that is a complicated equation!) We Stanley Boys need to know about money. When Seth and I went to Nakusp, BC for CFR 2009 I went to Bank of America here in Chandler, AZ for our loonies. But, that exchange was time consuming and very costly. When we ride into Mexico, there are currency exchanges for several kilometers on both sides of our common border. However, our Idaho crossing last year was out in the back country wilderness; all we saw were bear, deer, foxes, raccoons and FastJoyRide! What's the best way to exchange US greenbacks for monopoly money off of routes US 87 or CA 15; inquiring minds want/need to know!
Couple choices

The banks in Canada are used to converting USD to CAD and offer pretty good rates.

Your Bank in AZ probably had to order in your loonies

Look for a Royal, TD, Scotia, CIBC, National, you will find a branch in most towns

If your bank is on either the Sirrus or Plus Network you can probably use your bank card in an ATM but expect to pay $2.50 transaction charge plus what ever your bank charges for exchange.

Credit card (Check your rate, for me my card is actually pretty good on currency conversions).

I would stay away from the exchange offices near the border, It's like buying gas near an airport, you are just fresh meat to these guys.

Chris