Edelweiss Touring-Alps 30th Anniversary-MEGA PARTY

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemerdons

Certifiable Old Fart
Reaction score
https://www.edelweissbike.com/news/30-year-...ation-e-usd.pdf If you've used Edelweiss Bike Tours before or have an interest in EBT: MEGA PARTY on September 10-12, 2010. I'd consider leading group of no more than six to this Alps event!

https://www.knopftours.com To save money, I would fly into Frankfurt Rhein Main Air Base, departing Phoenix on Saturday, September 4; arriving en Deutschland on Sunday the 5th. I'd use mein Freund Stefan Knopf's rental fleet of BMW K75's for only $665 a week. On Monday 9/6 we'd depart for Vienna 440 miles away; long, boring und mach scnell on Das Autobahn.

Spend Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday strafing passes in the Eastern Alps and Dolomites. Make it to Mieming Friday PM!

I've gone on 4 Edelweiss Tours over the last 2 decades. Looking forward to MEGA PARTY, but we can tour it much cheaper!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jawohl Herr Cain, this is replacing the previously planned 2011 trip! Sorry about that, but when Werner und Coral Wachter sent me this 30th invite, former EBT Participants were first contacted, I decided I will not turn this Alps/Dolomites trip down!

I certainly stand ready to help you, Gary and any others plan your 2011 trip! Why can't you two go riding next September?

Let's face it, if I keep riding to Mexico with bbolesaz and anywhere with SkooterG, I won't live to the 40th EBT Anniversary!!!

https://www.edelweissbike.com/OUT/4AEE.pdf Bruce and Gary, I thought of something new that has recently occurred since we last talked about the Alps and Dolomites. Edelweiss Bike Tours has started a new "RIDE FOR FUN" program, it runs the same Alps and Dolomites routes that their "STANDARD" tours do: But you're not mounted on BMW's, you carry your own luggage and the hotels are not 4 to 5 Star's Rated. They stay in what is described as comfortable "middle class" lodgings.

They run these "ECONOMY" Tours in late July & late August, when all of the high passes will be snow clear. Passo di Stelvio!

You can rent a Honda Transalp, a perfect bike for strafing the Alps for $1,920. Add your flight to/from Phoenix/Munich for $900, figure $180 for food/beer other than the Tour provides and $200 for gasoline. Any brothel expenditures are extra!!!

So for $3,200 traveling solo, you can do the tour with a "REAL" Guide for $1K less than traveling with Chuy Medina Ballerina!

I recently received their catalogue, and I think you should consider the three part round the world tour. I know I would if it was at all feasable. What an adventure. Hope you enjoy your trip.

I recently received their catalogue, and I think you should consider the three part round the world tour. I know I would if it was at all feasable. What an adventure. Hope you enjoy your trip.
juniorfjr: I hear you loud and clear, Brother! I have pages 12 and 13 of the 2010 Edelweiss catalogue memorized. Can you believe this "Discover Our EARTH Expedition"? Continuously on your moto from November 14, 2010 to July 19, 2011!!

Except for the four flights over four separate days, you are constantly rolling around the world on two wheels: 1) Dakar to Buenos Aires. 2) Bogota to Panama. 3) Los Angeles to Sydney. 4) Perth to Beijing. If I hit the lottery, and it would have to be the Powerball, I will be all over this one! You notice there was absolutely no mention of the price, you have to call Werner!

You know juniorfjr, if my illegitimate son SkooterG would support his bastard stepfather Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" like any good child should: Yours Truly would be packing for this trip and prepping Salma Hayek mi BMW F650GS right now!!

Yep, I buy the lotto ticket with that in mind. As the old saying goes, "If you gotta ask"

And what's up with that ingrate?

juniorfjr: I hear you loud and clear, Brother! I have pages 12 and 13 of the 2010 Edelweiss catalogue memorized. Can you believe this "Discover Our EARTH Expedition"? Continuously on your moto from November 14, 2010 to July 19, 2011!!

Except for the four flights over four separate days, you are constantly rolling around the world on two wheels: 1) Dakar to Buenos Aires. 2) Bogota to Panama. 3) Los Angeles to Sydney. 4) Perth to Beijing. If I hit the lottery, and it would have to be the Powerball, I will be all over this one! You notice there was absolutely no mention of the price, you have to call Werner!

You know juniorfjr, if my illegitimate son SkooterG would support his bastard stepfather Chuy Medina "El Burrito Ballerina" like any good child should: Yours Truly would be packing for this trip and prepping Salma Hayek mi BMW F650GS right now!!
You'll be in Mexico.

But my birthday is November 14, so anybody that is wondering what to get me...

You'll be in Mexico.

But my birthday is November 14, so anybody that is wondering what to get me...
Once again, you're right Mike! I can't go on this Around The World Your because I'll be with You, Chris and others in Mexico!

And the fact they are probably going to charge at least $200K for this trip! This ride is 33 weeks long: Figure the exotic trips with Edelweiss Bike Tours, such as China and Russia, run at least $6.5K per week - this BIGGIE has got to cost $200K!!

EDELWEISS AROUND THE WORLD!

FIRST MEETING OF PARTICIPANTS

The 23 participants of the expedition met for the first

time this last weekend, here in Mieming, Austria.

They came from Canada, the US, Brazil, Germany,

Austria, Switzerland and Italy. From the Americas by

air, from Europe by their own expedition bikes. They

came to meet the riders and passengers, who will be

riding with them from November 2010 to July 2011

through 6 continents. Just Antarctica will remain

untouched this time.

They also came to learn more about the expedition

from the team of Edelweiss/GlobeBusters. These 23

World Tourers do now know more about how and

where they will ride, how their expedition bike should

be equipped for the journey, what they still need to

practice for their riding, what they should pack and

what not, where the route runs, how and where they

will spend the nights, what they should eat and what

they should avoid, how long they will sit on their

bikes everyday, who they will meet along the route,

how their motorcycles will be transported from one

continent to the next, how to learn to dance the

tango over Christmas in Buenos Aires, how to enjoy

surfing in El Salvador, where to change tires in Los

Angeles, how to avoid road trains in the Outback of

Australia, not to swim in some rivers because of the

crocs, how not to get lost in Laos and how to

recognize a dog on their dinner plate in China, not to

collide with Russians, who just drank a bottle of

vodka and finally how much Schnaps to drink in one

go after reaching the finish line in Mieming in the

Austrian Alps.

They all benefited from the riders training on asphalt.

The GlobeBusters/Edelweiss team found out how

the 23 handled the challenge of riding slow and

riding fast. On the ride up to the glacier the hairpins

got tight and tighter and the walls of snow on the

side of the road increased with every mile. The

Brazilians had never experienced anything like it and

thought it would be great if the temperatures would

be much higher!

One of the challenges of this expedition, aside from

some of the daily rides (some up to 500 miles) will be

to spend 8 months together: Riding, looking, eating,

talking, sleeping, drinking, picking up motorcycles,

finding gas and the overnight places. Everyone of

the team has realized this will be a completely new

section in their life!

Is there still space?

For those adventurers, who want to ride the entire

1DE, there is still space for 2 riders.

On section 1 (Europe/Africa), section 2

(Latin America), section 3 (Central America) and

section 4 (Australia) for one or two riders.

On section 5 (Asia/Europe) there is no space left.

Are you sometimes still dreaming about

joining the trip?

If you want to convert these dreams into experiences

you have two possibilities:

1) Decide now to join us on November 21, 2010

here in Mieming for the start of the expedition.

2) Start now to make the preparations and

changes you need to effect, to ride the second

DISCOVER OUR EARTH EXPEDITION in the fall

of 2012 to live what you have dreamed of up till now.

In both cases, or for your own adventures we wish you a safe ride and experiences that enhance your life!

Werner Wachter

Edelweiss Bike Travel

Julia & Kevin Sanders from GlobeBusters care for you!

30 YEARS EDELWEISS BIKE TRAVEL

September 10th - 12th, 2010

Its time to celebrate: 30 years of touring around in this world have left many lasting impressions, weve met many new and old friends and these experiences might have changed some of our perspectives for the future of our world. So lets get together and talk about these experiences at our 30 year celebration in the Alps in September 2010. Come along and celebrate with us!

Information at www.edelweissbike.com/30-years.edelweiss

Passo di Stelvio!
Italia!

The windscreen from my long gone FJ1100.

004.jpg

019.jpg

All for only $101,200 per rider if you share accommodations.
Chicken feed, that's just "walking around" money for Niehart and Fairlaner!!! If I had more advance notice of this Around The World Motorcycle Adventure, I'd have sold one of my rental units to go!!!

Passo di Stelvio!
Italia!

The windscreen from my long gone FJ1100.

004.jpg

019.jpg
old Pilot: I absolutely love your FJ1100 windscreen. All of Papa Chuy's favorites are on that plastic. Grossglockner, Stilfserjoch und Timmelsjoch. Es geht mir gut. That is classic M/C artwork on your wall!

old Pilot: I absolutely love your FJ1100 windscreen. All of Papa Chuy's favorites are on that plastic. Grossglockner, Stilfserjoch und Timmelsjoch. Es geht mir gut. That is classic M/C artwork on your wall!
beemerdons-

The guy who bought my FJ wanted this screen with it but I told him it would cost him $4k extra, ha ha.

I can't afford Europe any more for I am a poor man now. If you go to the Edelweiss party have a great time!

beemerdons-

The guy who bought my FJ wanted this screen with it but I told him it would cost him $4k extra, ha ha.

I can't afford Europe any more for I am a poor man now. If you go to the Edelweiss party have a great time!
old pilot - When I posted this thread, I was unaware Barb and El Cajone were planning a Western Canada FJR Rally; now WCR is a go, I'm going to British Columbia instead to party with the Canucks.

In my Post #8 above, I had guesstimated that an Around the World Tour would cost more than $200K. I was pleasantly surprised to see that Edelweiss is selling this expedition for half of that amount.

Around The World by Motorcycle, what an incredible dream for any motorcyclist. Every time I read the books and see the videos of Helge Pederson and Dr. Gregory Frazier: I want to ride the World!

Latest posts