FJR Forum European M/C Tour: June 25-July 10, 2011!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the thousands of Irishmen of 160-odd years ago, you've abandoned Ireland for a better opportunity, PapaChuy.

At least they had an excuse - the famine.

But all seriousness aside, I'm sure that for the majority of adventurous Feejerites, the Alps and all of those beautiful

mountain passes are much more appealing than the Auld Sod. (And even I'll admit that those parts of Europe

would make for much more scenic and exhilarating rides than would that dreary little green island just west of

the great colonial Satan.)

BTW, Ms. Tyler Risk enjoyed a motorcycle vacation there (including, I believe, Stelvio Pass?) a few years ago, and could likely be convinced to share with your group some of her amazing photographs.

As you well know, she has "an eye" and got some great shots.

Additionally, mi amigo, I know that you and Seth have only just recently visited Erin,

so your hunger for a taste of the old country has been satisfied for now.

BUT, I'll have to pass on this trip. I'll be saving my nickels and perhaps in a few more years we'll have the chance to

"ride Ireland".

And rest easy, Don. I'll not be having Sinn Fein send the "other boys" to your house in the middle of the night.

Your kneecaps are safe.

In the meantime, don't choke on...

Edelweiss, Edelweiss

Every morning you greet me

Small and white clean and bright

You look happy to meet me

Blossom of snow may you bloom and grow

Bloom and grow forever

Edelweiss,Edelweiss

Bless my homeland forever.

Is that Austrian or Swiss? :D

(Same stuff. Funny socks and leather short shorts.)

Like the thousands of Irishmen of 160-odd years ago, you've abandoned Ireland for a better opportunity, PapaChuy.At least they had an excuse - the famine.

But all seriousness aside, I'm sure that for the majority of adventurous Feejerites, the Alps and all of those beautiful

mountain passes are much more appealing than the Auld Sod. (And even I'll admit that those parts of Europe

would make for much more scenic and exhilarating rides than would that dreary little green island just west of

BTW, Ms. Tyler Risk enjoyed a motorcycle vacation there (including, I believe, Stelvio Pass?) a few years ago, and could likely be convinced to share with your group some of her amazing photographs.

Additionally, mi amigo, I know that you and Seth have only just recently visited Erin,

BUT, I'll have to pass on this trip. I'll be saving my nickels and perhaps in a few more years we'll have the chance to

"ride Ireland".

And rest easy, Don. I'll not be having Sinn Fein send the "other boys" to your house in the middle of the night.

Your kneecaps are safe.

Edelweiss, Edelweiss

Bloom and grow forever

Edelweiss,Edelweiss

Only Austrians can come up with that much "Schmalz" that why the best thing about Austrians is...

their neighbors the Swiss :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Old Michael, rest assured, no need to send the IRA Prov's after me: I'll be happy to ride Ireland with you, just identify a date!

I have to admit, no one here wanted to ride Ireland with us; every single vote was for the Alps, not one hint for riding Ireland.

Even received PM's from Forumites, one in particular from Vancouver Island, BC: "Hell no, I won't ride with that Mick Bastard!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Only Austrians can come up with that much "Schmalz" that why the best thing about Austrians is...

their neighbors the Swiss :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
:lol:

And, 'sniffer, then you surely must know the best thing about England.
I sure do...the Shetland Islanders? :glare: just kidding :yahoo:

...plus I know what the response must be cause my brother in law is Irish

Like the thousands of Irishmen of 160-odd years ago, you've abandoned Ireland for a better opportunity, PapaChuy.At least they had an excuse - the famine.

"ride Ireland".

Your kneecaps are safe.

Edelweiss, Edelweiss

Bloom and grow forever

Edelweiss,Edelweiss

Just thought of something, Old Michael. If you wanted to ride Ireland for the week before or the week after this Alps ride takes place, I would rent a BMW K75 RT from my friend Stefan Knopf in Heidelberg for a month. I used to ride to London from my US Army base in Augsburg, Bavaria, Deutschland in two days time, I could easily ride to Dublin in three; meet you there!

You guys are crazy, thats all i gotta say. I will talk to you about this fiasco in a couple of weeks.

R

Even received PM's from Forumites, one in particular from Vancouver Island, BC: "Hell no, I won't ride with that Mick Bastard!"
"Well, that would keep us from having to stop every few miles so she could powder her nose".

Or, " good, 'cause I prefer to ride without a pillion."

Or, "first, she'd have to grow a set".

Or, "does she ride motorcycles?"

Or, "they've lifted the Campbell River quarantine?"

Or.....

(MadMike fed me all those lines. What a bastard, huh? :D Don't hurt him, barb.)

Man, stir crazy here. Gotta get out for a ride.

Just thought of something, Old Michael. If you wanted to ride Ireland for the week before or the week after this Alps ride takes place, I would rent a BMW K75 RT from my friend Stefan Knopf in Heidelberg for a month. I used to ride to London from my US Army base in Augsburg, Bavaria, Deutschland in two days time, I could easily ride to Dublin in three; meet you there!
We'll chat over a stout in DV, mi hermano.

I will save my thoughts for when i see you in DV as they are not for sensitive ears.......

R
The Great Dane will also be providing input into this conversation...Rich
Oh brother, Old Michael! Now we not only get chin music from a Londoner, but from the Copenhagen Kid also. Rich, you are retired and worthless just like me; let's spend a month in Europe on motorbikes chasing chicks, drinking beer and eating!

I will save my thoughts for when i see you in DV as they are not for sensitive ears.......

R
The Great Dane will also be providing input into this conversation...Rich
Oh brother, Old Michael! Now we not only get chin music from a Londoner, but from the Copenhagen Kid also. Rich, you are retired and worthless just like me; let's spend a month in Europe on motorbikes chasing chicks, drinking beer and eating!
I could do this...I would want to head for the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, what used to be northern Yugoslavia and some of the less explored countries. My favorite town in all of Europe is a small spa village in Bohemia. Croatia has some amazing country and roads. There is an interesting article in this months Rider magazine about a guy that did a loop around Austria... There is some amazing beer in the Czech Republic!

On my ride agendas are the following in priority order are:

New Zealand

Chile/ Argentina

Scotland and Ireland

Eastern Europe

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts