CFR 2010 Registration is Open

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROUTE PLANNING - Time to start looking at the maps. I like the look of the "Golden Triangle". It appears that rt.327 from Mount Tremblant will take you south to Lachute. Then head north on rt. 329. From there would you just cut back on the 117 or can you head a little farther north and then cut accross? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Canadian FJR

Attendance is looking good! Just went to Players List; and, if you count Admin Staff, it's up to 42 now. Just glad FJRGuy has promised Seth and I polar bear sightings!

Last edited by a moderator:
ROUTE PLANNING - Time to start looking at the maps. I like the look of the "Golden Triangle". It appears that rt.327 from Mount Tremblant will take you south to Lachute. Then head north on rt. 329. From there would you just cut back on the 117 or can you head a little farther north and then cut accross? Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Scott

There are many many hours of great riding concentrated in that area but as Chris mentioned on the CFR site, it depends on how kind mother nature was on road surfaces over the winter. I was going to wait for the snow to clear, then pre-ride all my favorite routes in the area and post them so you can load-up your GPS.... my kind of homework :)

Understanding that there will be all sorts of tastes involved, I'll break them into 3 styles. There's lots of riding in each category

Scenic cruising (winding roads & beautiful scenery)

Sportier riding (twisties, watching the next apex and dodging R1s)

My personal favorites - backroad routes (requires all your attention / all the time - never a straight line or dull moment) I took Chris & Pierre on one such road and I think they liked it. Put it this way - Pierre got carsick :)

"you can load-up your GPS" you are making some assumptions here :rolleyes:

1. Scenic cruising (winding roads & beautiful scenery)

2. Sportier riding (twisties, watching the next apex and dodging R1s)

3. My personal favorites - backroad routes (requires all your attention / all the time - never a straight line or dull moment)

I'll pick choice #1 for the way to and from the rally. Option #2 will be nice for Tuesday. And I'll take choice #3 for Wednesday.

Perfect, my planning is done. When do I leave? :yahoo:

Canadian FJR

I'll pick choice #1 for the way to and from the rally. Option #2 will be nice for Tuesday. And I'll take choice #3 for Wednesday.
You'll want to pay attention to LeSkid's recommendations. We had a blast on the ride between Mont Tremblant to Mauricie - even the wrong turn up to Ste. Zenon was great (crappy pavement, but great scenery).

I believe it was 347 kicked some major butt ass, even though we got held up by some slow movers. Buddy with the sidemount in front of me kept running wide in left handers so he wouldn't drag his sidemount. LeSkid managed to pass them before the road got 'interesting' leaving Mike, Doug and I behind.

Dsc03874.jpg

Spot track from Day 2 and 3. Notice the huge jump between signals from Mauricie (48) to Hawksbury(50)? It was raining so damn hard the Spot couldn't talk to the sat's!

Day2.jpg

Here's the entire GPS track for the whole trip.

All.jpg

I'll make the GPS track available if theirs interest, but you have to promise not to laugh at the number of laps I did around Trois Riviere trying to find the ramp for rte 40!

is it June yet?

What ever happend to the fine gent that led a few of us at CFR '07? I believe he raced big red sports cars for the city of Toronto :rolleyes: It was a blast running with him, is he still around?

Canadian FJR

.......LeSkid managed to pass them before the road got 'interesting' leaving Mike, Doug and I behind.
Hey, now that's not fair. That's one of my favorite stretches, there isn't a driveway or intersection for the next 20kms at that point and I was pulled over 15kms ahead at my usual turn-around spot, having a smoke and waiting for the old folks to eventually catch-up.

Wait. You're younger than me :p

Hey, now that's not fair. That's one of my favorite stretches, there isn't a driveway or intersection for the next 20kms at that point and I was pulled over 15kms ahead at my usual turn-around spot, having a smoke and waiting for the old folks to eventually catch-up.
Wait. You're younger than me :p
I didn't say you did anything wrong, I just said you managed to get around them and we didn't. No harm, no foul. Besides we were having fun giggling at the pirates trying to stay in their lane while they tried to keep up with the puma driving the Mustang. I think she was chasing the young stuff on the 03 FJR that blazed past her. Why, she even took her teeth out!

You young punks need to learn when to slow down.

PS. I'm older 'n you I'm sure. Flippin' 50 this year.

I'm going with LeSkid.Besides, his FJR is the correct color.
That guy has the gheyest 03 currently roaming North America.

What ever happend to the fine gent that led a few of us at CFR '07? I believe he raced big red sports cars for the city of Toronto :rolleyes: It was a blast running with him, is he still around?Canadian FJR
I believe he is still around but because were he has dial up , it's a royal pain for him to load up these websites. He is not one to attend rallies but if you go to his playground I think he would gladly show you around again! :yahoo:

What ever happend to the fine gent that led a few of us at CFR '07? I believe he raced big red sports cars for the city of Toronto :rolleyes: It was a blast running with him, is he still around?Canadian FJR
I believe he is still around but because were he has dial up , it's a royal pain for him to load up these websites. He is not one to attend rallies but if you go to his playground I think he would gladly show you around again! :yahoo:
This whole exchange sounds uncomfortably homo-erotic.

Please take this to an appropriate board. :popesmiley:

Attendance is looking good! Just went to Players List; and, if you count Admin Staff, it's up to 42 now. Just glad FJRGuy has promised Seth and I polar bear sightings!

Ya mean to tell me that old fuker Peterson :pooh_go: is going to be there? Cancel my reservation :blink: Oh wait! It isn't Friday yet.. I'm in :punk: if the company hasn't shot down me plans by then ..

Ya mean to tell me that old fuker Peterson :pooh_go: is going to be there? Cancel my reservation :blink: Oh wait! It isn't Friday yet.. I'm in :punk: if the company hasn't shot down me plans by then ..
Ah nuts, Barry; so that's what you meant in your PM. For inquiring minds to know, Seth and I were making plans to ride to CFR with Bustanut joker and Geezer-Greg!!

Oh what the holy hell...

:dribble:

So yer gonna give up molestin' sheep and try ta molest a moose are ya? Good luck wit dat, eh?

:blink:

Absolutely! Now have to work on getting Charly and Sully out of hibernation..... :blink:

Just woke up and tuned in. Already missed the initial excitement.

I see a quick pop up to Burlington and Montreal and then.........boom, parking lot bbq with the gang!

As for the hibernation, captain, bike has been out during the winter and again this Saturday. No, didn't get the studded snows.

OK, So we're all signed up and ready to go.. How come I ain't on the list yet????

Fuk it's been ten minutes!!!!!! You guys playin' games?

Come on June I'm ready to ride!

:jester: