For the ladies....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DELETE-PLEASE

Reaction score
Basically, she's tiny. Size 2. And she wants overpants. I have HT Air overpants and they are great, and I would like to get her the same, but they make women's sizes starting at 6. So is there a way to measure or convert her measurements (hips, waist, etc) to figure out what men's pants would fit her? Most women's pants don't go that small.

Alexi

I'm thinking a twinkle in the eye, a bat of the eyelashes, and a quick smile and she'd be in before she knew it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would suggest just going into a store and trying things on. That's what I've done in the past... manufacturers sizing always differ from one another so one brand will fit differently than another. She might also look at kids' gear given her petite frame.

Hey Alexi... I feel your pain.

We had a helluva time finding gear to fit Lucie... in the end we talked to Aerostich gave them the measurements... they sent us the closest off-the-rack size, and we used those to figure out how much shorter/narrower etc. Called them back, they gave us a return number for the first set and immediately put a set into production that were custom cut to the dimensions we gave 'em. All in all took about a month, cost about $50 more ... but the gear FITS.

Griff

Just gotta try them on.

Years ago I got Wifey the HT Overpants. They work and fit comfortably, but they're not flattering, and with wider hips than most, she was conscious about that. Made her look like she was wearing a snowmobile suit. Plus they're really hot in warm weather.

When she started looking at other women looking great in Dainese leathers, I knew enough not to suggest "diet and exercise" first ... she wasn't able to get into them so that solved itself.

In the end she found a pair of fieldsheer mesh pants (with liners) where the pads and cuts were positioned in a way that looked good on her and were comfortable.

BTW, we would have gone with the 'stich but they are cut for men, i.e. no hips and potentially big bellys. Wifey's wider hips and no belly just didn't work in the 'stich.

My wife is a 4/5 and there are no Mens sizes that are even that small, so 2/3 is pretty much out of the question.

Have her try on "youth" sized gear and you may make out better. One advantage of that is the youth gear tends to be less expensive.

This winter we were looking for a good pair of insulated outdoor boots for walking in the snow. For some reason nobody carries women's size 5 boots anymore. We found her a really nice pair of The North Face boots in a youth size 5 (which fit her) for $59. The women's size 6 (smallest available) of the exact same boot was $110.

When I was younger ,, I was just the opposite ....

I was always trying to get into women's pants... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

(sorry just couldn't help myself)

I would suggest just going into a store and trying things on. That's what I've done in the past... manufacturers sizing always differ from one another so one brand will fit differently than another. She might also look at kids' gear given her petite frame.
My thoughts exactly. Do you have a Cycle Gear near you? BMW dealers often have a decent selection of gear even though they think it's made out of gold. You can at least try it on. Kid's gear is a great suggestion.

Heidi