SFO Twisty Butt Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even tho Brian and I didn't make the cut because of the time (YES, IT WAS MY FAULT FOR ONE REALLY BAD WRONG TURN AND ONE NOT SO BAD WRONG TURN) this was one spectacular ride! As penance for making us bust out on the time, my new forum handle will be...

FLAPSUP/WWJ

Which equals "Wrong Way Jim"!

Thanks to Scott and Mark for putting this together. I had a ball!
Hey Jim your welcome! One of the complications about doing a long twisty route is the shear number of turns and hiway changes, which just makes it that much easier to make a wrong turn.

We rode together Friday, what was it something like 350 miles or so and most of it was the TBA route. You and Brian ride pretty dang good for a couple of boys from Flori-Duh! :D

The game plan is to do another TBA ride at next years SFO, so get ready!

Even tho Brian and I didn't make the cut because of the time (YES, IT WAS MY FAULT FOR ONE REALLY BAD WRONG TURN AND ONE NOT SO BAD WRONG TURN) this was one spectacular ride! As penance for making us bust out on the time, my new forum handle will be...

FLAPSUP/WWJ

Which equals "Wrong Way Jim"!

Thanks to Scott and Mark for putting this together. I had a ball!
Hey Jim your welcome! One of the complications about doing a long twisty route is the shear number of turns and hiway changes, which just makes it that much easier to make a wrong turn.

We rode together Friday, what was it something like 350 miles or so and most of it was the TBA route. You and Brian ride pretty dang good for a couple of boys from Flori-Duh! :D

The game plan is to do another TBA ride at next years SFO, so get ready!
I sort of thought that one of with the map, and the other with the route sheet might be the way to go and it would minimize any mistakes. I guess that next go 'round we'll have to fix up one of those enduro style roll charts, and I'll beg Brian to go in front or smack me in the head when I do something stupid, like take us most of the way to Heber Springs. Absolutely no issues with the map or with the written directions except for being too dense to take the time to study the intersections a little better.

The Friday 350 was a really good day as well. I did recognize a lot of the roads again on Saturday which helped a lot for some of the corner entries and exits.

Had a ball and I can't wait to try it again!

Yall guys did real good and you met the challenge. I'll assure you there are very few riders who go out and ride a route like this in 1 day, and on top of that ride it in the rain! Thats badass boys!
Good Job!!!!! :yahoo:
I'll second that emotion! I only rode about 200 miles of the route from Eureka Springs (in similar conditions) the week before the SFO as I was on the way to Florida. Kicked my butt and I was glad to break out into the open from Mountain Home toward Memphis and down to Tupelo for the night.

Anyway, nicely done Twisty Butt riders. Thanks WorldBound4now for the great photos. That takes a lot of work to ride AND shoot!

Also thanks to the organizers for posting the route! Schweeet way to spend moto time in Arkansas.

Last edited by a moderator: