SFO Twisty Butt Ride

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrrider

aka "sprocket"
Reaction score
If you checked out the SFO website you saw info on the Twisty Butt ride! Its gonna go boys, rain, sleet or shine, we rode in the hail last year, no thanks to wingmans cheap toy, wont even show you where hails on the ground at. :lol:

Thats right 500 miles of the best twisty roads in Arkansas in 12 hours or less! 8 riders did this last Halloween and it was a blast!

If you can do this ride in the time frame, you will be awarded a TBA certification at an awards ceremony at SFO Saturday night dinner!

Go to www.twistybutt.com for more information or feel free to post up here with any questions or comments

Riders that have signed for the TBA ride are

Glen Rhea

Scott Tipton

Mark Glorioso

Howard Entman

Jim Barnes

Alain Seguier

Bryan Eiler

Edward Parker

Ron Fitzgerald

Duncan Ragsdale

Chris Heine

Last edited by a moderator:
Registered riders that complete the route in time will become certified TBA members and recieve official member decals and certificates at the banquet. FYI...One of the original TBA members is also a certified IBA member and he stated that the TBA ride was the most challenging and fun 'any kind of butt' ride he has ever done!

If you think you can ride smooth enough to navigate over 500 prime twisty miles in under 12 hours, here is your chance to officially join the club. However, be warned... wearing a continuous smile for that long can become a little painful to your cheeks.

C'ya there,

Mark

SFO TBA certificate:

tbacertificat001.jpg

That's koool! I got's to get me one o dem! Nice job getting the pics incorporated.

A fresh supply of amsoil, a new front tire, check the brake pads, and I'm good to go!

That's koool! I got's to get me one o dem! Nice job getting the pics incorporated.
A fresh supply of amsoil, a new front tire, check the brake pads, and I'm good to go!
Thanx, however I couldn't figure out how to attach the file...so I had to take a pic of the certificate.

Snuffy at pushmountainpics took those shots for us last year after the inaugural TBA ride.

The decals are about 3.5 inches and have a weatherproof coating. I have mine proudly displayed on the plastic rear fender tail under the license plate of the FJR. Fits perfectly....coincidence???

Also, make sure that rear tire is in really good shape as well. We have had riders surprised with cords showing on what they thought were good tires.

Looking forward to riding with you again in the AR twisties.

C'ya,

Mark

Not sure who you are referring to about the tires...

I mean who would be that stupid!?!?!?! Geez!

I'm in on this one and looking forward to it. Might bring an extra set of tires this time tho LOL

Damn.....That Cert really may have tipped the scales. I'm not sure Bambi and I can do it two up but we're really thinking about it....If we're two up, do both names go on the Certificate?

Damn.....That Cert really may have tipped the scales. I'm not sure Bambi and I can do it two up but we're really thinking about it....If we're two up, do both names go on the Certificate?
It can certainly be done 2up...the inaugural run was successfully completed 2 up by a resident couple from AR on a new FJR. And the pilot stated that he got 'slapped' on the helmet by the navigator only twice...pretty good for 500 miles! I was more impressed with their completion of the ride than anyone elses!

I will draft the certificate however you prefer; both names on one certificate or two seperate certificates. In my mind, completing the ride 2up earns you the right to choose. I'll also give each of you a decal.

Having a TBA number to go with your IBA number would be cool! Just know that one of our IBA/TBA members stated that completing the TBA was more challenging, yet also more fun, than his IBA certified ride.

If you think ya'll would enjoy the ride, it would be great to have you join us and be the second set of certified 2 up members.

C'ya in Eureka...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanx, however I couldn't figure out how to attach the file...so I had to take a pic of the certificate.

Snuffy at pushmountainpics took those shots for us last year after the inaugural TBA ride.

The decals are about 3.5 inches and have a weatherproof coating. I have mine proudly displayed on the plastic rear fender tail under the license plate of the FJR. Fits perfectly....coincidence???

Also, make sure that rear tire is in really good shape as well. We have had riders surprised with cords showing on what they thought were good tires.

Looking forward to riding with you again in the AR twisties.

C'ya,

Mark
No worries about that rear tire - only got about 1K on it cause it got replaced due to a puncture. Knowing the beating the tires take from the last two SFO's, I ain't about to take on this ride without a good rubber - uhhh, I mean good rubber - yeah, that's it!,

Not sure who you are referring to about the tires...I mean who would be that stupid!?!?!?! Geez!

I'm in on this one and looking forward to it. Might bring an extra set of tires this time tho LOL

I dont think anybody could be stupid enough to bring this https://www.twistybutt.com/rhea.html set of tires to a TBA event, except maybe the dude in the picture !

Not sure who you are referring to about the tires...I mean who would be that stupid!?!?!?! Geez!

I dont think anybody could be stupid enough to bring this https://www.twistybutt.com/rhea.html set of tires to a TBA event, except maybe the dude in the picture !
Yeah...looks like a mugshot photo. Is he wanted anywhere? Just checking. ;)

I tried to sign up and pay for the ride, but I'm not adequately geek oriented. Can I pay for the ride when we get to Eureka?

Howard

I tried to sign up and pay for the ride, but I'm not adequately geek oriented. Can I pay for the ride when we get to Eureka?
Howard
Yes you can, we would prefer preregistration, just so we can get the TBA certificates pre printed (looks all cool and stuff) Mark will have blanks certs that we will just PEN in your name (not as cool) as well as any others that may decide to participate at the last minute. Either way you will have a blast doing the "All Day" and get a certificate to boot!

Great to have you Howard!

Scott

You guys are killing me I just come back from four days of riding out of Eureka Springs and I'm still grinning from ear to ear. I got all excited when I seen SFO is coming up and get all cranked up but checked the schedule and find my son is graduating in Duluth MN that weekend. Damn! We will be riding North Shore drive along lake Superior if that is any consolation.

I'm flirting with the idea of this ride. I've uploaded the route into my gps and keep getting a mileage of 586 miles. Any hints?

p.s. the ride looks like quite a hoot!

I'm flirting with the idea of this ride. I've uploaded the route into my gps and keep getting a mileage of 586 miles. Any hints?p.s. the ride looks like quite a hoot!
Dont know why you would get 586 miles, I rechecked the file and it comes up with 528 miles.

If you check the file (before you download it) does it say 528 miles?, and only after you download it to your garmin unit does it come up with 586 milkes?

Sometimes that chick in there gets things screwed up, view the route on your garmin screen and compare it to the .gdb file on your computer. My guess is she messed it up, you just cant trust her!