CFO 2011 ride routes & maps

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget the Pie!
Like I'm going to forget to put my underwear on before my pants :agent:

A nice Guinness oatmeal stout pie ala mode from Gina's is what I'm dreaming about :wub:

IMG_0220.JPG
You know, I just heard the other day that Gina sold that place...

One would hope that it has no impact on pie availability/shape.

You know, I just heard the other day that Gina sold that place...
One would hope that it has no impact on pie availability/shape.
They had had the place up for sale for a couple of years. If they change the place much they're fools. If they've removed the Guinness oatmeal stout pie... well there could be blood shed :agent:

We have gpx files of all the CFO rides and routes on the Rides Page. Links in the left hand column.
I did this once before, but can't remember how to get the GPX files into my Garmin. Help please!??!?
Hold off on doing this for a few days, there are a new version of the gpx files that better match the google maps. They should be up shortly.

To get a route in the gpx file onto your gps.

Open the gpx file in mapsource.

Plug your gps into your computer and wait until it is ready to accept data.

click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing to a gps (the send to device icon)

Wait for Mapsource to recognize your device and make sure the routes checkbox is selected

Click on the send or ok button and it will transfer.

Unplug your gps and after a moment or two it will bring up a screen saying something about new data found.

Open the new data, and hit the select all (you will have to do this for every category of new data (ie routes and waypoints)

Once it is imported click done and your gps will finish booting up, you should see them under routes on your favorite menu.

you have to unplug the gps from the computer and import the data between each file or you will only see the info on the last file sent. I did create one gpx file that had all the routes in it so if you download that file to you gps the process will be much shorter. Hopefully that file gets posted to the website.

There are probably better instruction on how to do this somewhere on the forum, I don't have my gps software with me at the moment so just writing from memory. If this doesn't make sense, send me a PM, I can walk you through it over the phone.

We have gpx files of all the CFO rides and routes on the Rides Page. Links in the left hand column.
I did this once before, but can't remember how to get the GPX files into my Garmin. Help please!??!?
Hold off on doing this for a few days, there are a new version of the gpx files that better match the google maps. They should be up shortly.

To get a route in the gpx file onto your gps.

Open the gpx file in mapsource.

Plug your gps into your computer and wait until it is ready to accept data.

click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing to a gps (the send to device icon)

Wait for Mapsource to recognize your device and make sure the routes checkbox is selected

Click on the send or ok button and it will transfer.

Unplug your gps and after a moment or two it will bring up a screen saying something about new data found.

Open the new data, and hit the select all (you will have to do this for every category of new data (ie routes and waypoints)

Once it is imported click done and your gps will finish booting up, you should see them under routes on your favorite menu.

you have to unplug the gps from the computer and import the data between each file or you will only see the info on the last file sent. I did create one gpx file that had all the routes in it so if you download that file to you gps the process will be much shorter. Hopefully that file gets posted to the website.

There are probably better instruction on how to do this somewhere on the forum, I don't have my gps software with me at the moment so just writing from memory. If this doesn't make sense, send me a PM, I can walk you through it over the phone.
Thanks for the refresher. My first sticking point was getting the routes to my puter. Click the routes, and you get a bunch of gibberish, but right click, and save to puter works. Garmin is loaded up, and ready for a Thursday evening departure. :yahoo:

The GPS files have been updated (.gpx format).Rides
Thanks again Chris for all your help getting these routes up on the website & updating them. :good:

Cya in a few days.
Good job everyone :good: the sheer volume of great routes this years is staggering. It would take 2 weeks to ride all those great roads, too bad we only have a few days.

I have to mention that eeksnake has done a great job helping with the web site and now won't even be able to make it CFO :eek: I'll have to head to Nevada to buy him a beer now. Thank you Chris!

Gramps, quit changing your avatar! I'm trying to make name tags here ;)